World Cup 2010

Michelle

I'm sure this has been mentioned in the footie thread, but it must deserve it's own little thread, right? :)

Who's excited about it, which countries stand a chance, etc?

(I almost wrote 'do we stand a chance', but then remembered that our forum is far too international for that! :lol:)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Welsh and i'll be supporting England. I dont understand this anti english thing from other british people to be honest. Especially when most of them will gladly watch an english premier league game most weeks. Bloody stupid.

I wanna see New Zealand because they have an ex swansea striker playing. Also North Korea because I find the country fascinating.

I'll be remaining loyal to the US guys. This is the sort of event that could really bring soccer out into the open as a professional sport here (it's been one for years but doesn't have a HUGE following). Hopefully the guys will do well so we can not only get more of a following for the sport here but also so the world will start taking us more seriously.

I'll be remaining loyal to the US guys. This is the sort of event that could really bring soccer out into the open as a professional sport here (it's been one for years but doesn't have a HUGE following). Hopefully the guys will do well so we can not only get more of a following for the sport here but also so the world will start taking us more seriously.

I see you have an Aberdonian in you team. We had an article about him in our local evening paper here tonight. His mum is Scottish I think and he was born in Aberdeen....guess we will be supporting USA for a while :)

I see you have an Aberdonian in you team. We had an article about him in our local evening paper here tonight. His mum is Scottish I think and he was born in Aberdeen....guess we will be supporting USA for a while :)

I didn't know that! :lol: Which player is it?

I didn't know that! :) Which player is it?

Stuart Holden. He suffered a broken leg 3mths ago seemingly.He is an ex Houston Dynamo and qualifies for hte US through his residency.

Stuart Holden. He suffered a broken leg 3mths ago seemingly.He is an ex Houston Dynamo and qualifies for hte US through his residency.

I'll have to keep my eye on him. They have a little profile on the FIFA website, he sounds promising! :)

He is playing for Bolton now. Guess my Andy will be supporting them too. Manager of Bolton is ex manager of St Johnstone up here in Scotland, which is one of his teams. I'll have to tell him about him.

England for me too!

I'm watching the South Africa vs. Mexico match at the moment and I've had to mute the TV because of those vuvuzelas!

I had no idea what they were called but my TV is muted too. Too much buzzing and I can't hear the commentators anyway :)

We we're listening on the raio at work - sounded like they were playing in a swarm of bees!

Got home to watch France - Uruguay

France were awful, they looked possibly worse against ten men. Uruguay are unpredictable, they seem to lack cohesion and just play with sporadic passion :) Forlan and Suarez are class so they will always be dangerous on the break. Disappointing match but good result to set the group up for an engaging finish.