Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Films : Parts 1 & 2

lexiepiper

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read the last book, and probably never will, so I'm really looking forward to finding out what happens in the end.

I've really enjoyed the rest of the movies, they're good popcorn munchers.

I can't wait for the last movies :lol: I just wish the trailer was longer.

I was watching the Baftas the other night and laughed because Julie Walters kind of spoiled one storyline for those who hadn't read the last book *MAJOR SPOILER*

when she commented on Helena Bonham Carter being an amazing actress that she'd spent the last few days killing with her wand.

:blush:

I'm dreading seeing poor Dobby's death :blush:

I'm looking forward to that!

I'm toying with the idea of waiting until they are both out on DVD and then watching them both back-to-back. I know there is a lot in the final book, but I still think this should have been made as one film.

ETA:

when is the release date?

November this year for part one, and July next year for part two - I think.

Does anyone know where they are planning to split the story at or if they've announced it yet?

I'm not sure that they've announced it, but I'd be interested to know too. I just hope they give enough time to all the big scenes at the end. I was disappointed with the way they handled the Ministry of Magic fight in HP 5.

My country isn't on that list of release dates. :D

I am looking forward to this but deep down I am really hoping they keep the camping down to a minumum, the last book read like J.K had bought shares in a tent company.

Actually I didn't mind the camping bit, was a nice change from the usual decor, I mean Hogwarts is fabulous, but still.

And ahhhhh. Buzzkill. I mean.. November? I have to wait till november to see this? *pouts* Always have this when I see a trailer for a film I really like to see, I wanna see it NOW! :D Might just have to rewatch some of the other films. I have all of them in my dvd cabinet. Or else read some of the books, I have all of them too. Some double even, in Dutch first then in English.

Me, liking HP? Nah. :)

I agree it was nice to get out of the castle as it was getting a little tired, but still, camping? these are people with magical powers and the best she could come up with was camping? come on!

They are magic tents though!

I think the reason I didn't like that part of the book is because The Half Blood Prince set things up nicely for an action-packed finale, it felt as though all the warm up was over and it would be on with the quest, but then they just end up camping for several months - way to kill momentum Rowling!