Adrian Mole

boris

I LOVE the Adrain Mole books! I think I've read the first 3 of them. They're so funny - guaranteed to entice a giggle from the most straight-faced person. Everyone who's been a teenager (& everyone who will soon be one!) can easily identify with his trials & tribulations, which makes it all the funnier because it's all so real!

That's a coincidence - I just posted the first Adrian Mole title in the "Never Ending Book Titles" game!

I love Adrian Mole! I've read all the books. The most recent aren't quite as good, but they're still good. Sue Townsend is a wonderful writer. I loved The Queen and I too. :dunno:

I wonder if any of our non-UK members have read and enjoyed these? I think they're wonderful, but I wonder how well they translate, as the humour is so British. You really have to know what Townsend is referring to in order to find them so hilarious.

I wonder if any of our non-UK members have read and enjoyed these? I think they're wonderful, but I wonder how well they translate, as the humour is so British. You really have to know what Townsend is referring to in order to find them so hilarious.

I have, and I have:tong: , but i'm sure I missed some "British only" jokes. (and mostly political innuendo)

• 1 year later...

I love Adrian Mole books, I read them when I was young and they are partly what got me into reading, I always laugh when I think about the Adrian Mole cappuccino years and his boss puts up a sign that excludes almost anyone from the building and Adrian see's a woman who fills almost every category crying.

I've read them all about 3-4 times in my teens, and I just bought the first three volumes cause I found them cheap and read them again. They're wonderful and make me laugh every time :welcome2:

I remember getting the first 2 books together as a birthday present when I was in my early teens - I was so annoyed as I thought my auntie chose them as a way of saying that I was an irritating teenager :welcome2:

I really loved them though and have read the whole series - really great books and I love the way that Adrian's life has not turned out predictably :D

* hated the tv series though!

I've just re-read the first three in the series and really enjoyed them, even though I could remember most of what was going to happen and the punchlines. I'm not as familiar with the last two (I think I've only read them once) so they should be even better, being unfamiliar.

I quite liked the TV series, though the theme tune (sung by Ian Dury if I remember correctly) is very annoying and occasionally gets stuck in my head even now!

• 1 year later...

I remember the first 2 Adrian Mole books, which I enjoyed as a youth (along with Diary of a Teenage Health Freak, and Secrets From the School Underground, also for a pre-teen/early teen audience, and written in a similar kind of way).

Apparently, Sue Townsend wrote a couple of books in recent years (i.e. the 2000's) where Adrian is now in his 30's.

I just saw an advert for a new Adrian Mole book called The Prostrate Years. I just checked Wikipedia, and he is now apparently 39 and a quarter.

Oh ********, I somehow confused prostate with osteoporosis and I'd always thought this book was about Adrian Mole being an old geezer, chasing after Pandora in a retirement home!! Now I'm disappointed. (I'm gonna buy it though :D )