The Harry Bosch Novels

Has anyone else read them? I love them. I started from the beginning so i would understand references. I am huge fan of series of novels.

I was wondering if anyone has read the entire series however. I just finished "Trunk Music" ...

How is the series overall, with no spoilers please.

In answer to your question mtjm, I loved the Harry Bosch books up until the last couple and I am ashamed to say that I did not even get 1/2 way through Nine Dragons, the latest book.

I feel that Michael Connolly should have rounded Harry Bosch off around the time of The Closers! You can get too much of a good thing!

In saying that I read the books in order and it made it more enjoyable for me cos although the crimes/cases are different, it does help with Harry's personal life!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just picked up a "2 in 1" book of Michael Connely - The Narrows and The Lincon Lawyer. I know I've read at least on Harry Bosch before (one of the later ones, but I'll be stuffed if I can remember which one! Ah the joys of middle-age! Good, solid, page turners with enough character development to warrant a second read.

I have to agree with Nicola, I really struggled to get through Nine Dragons, wasn't as good as all his previous books but I would still buy his latest novel if it had Bosch in it. I did love The Lincoln Lawyer, which isn't a Harry Bosch book, but does feature him.

• 3 weeks later...
I have to agree with Nicola, I really struggled to get through Nine Dragons, wasn't as good as all his previous books but I would still buy his latest novel if it had Bosch in it. I did love The Lincoln Lawyer, which isn't a Harry Bosch book, but does feature him.

Have you read The Brass Verdict? It brings Bosch and Haller together again. He also has a new one coming out in October called The Reversal which features both characters.

• 2 months later...

Have you read The Brass Verdict? It brings Bosch and Haller together again. He also has a new one coming out in October called The Reversal which features both characters.

I'm actually have 50 pages left on Brass Verdict.

The only book from Connelly left for me are Chasing the Dime, Void Moon and Scarecrow.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished The Reversal. Gotta wait another year or so for the next book now. I can't put them down. Some of the books are better than others but I've found it that way with all authors I've read.

• 2 months later...

I have nearly read all of Michael Connelly's books. He is my favorite Crime writer. I have the last two to read; I will be reading them soon. I love reading books in order and in particular the Harry Bosch series. There will always be books that are not as good as others but overall an excellent series. keep with it.

I've read most of them but still have the recent ones to read (Nine Dragons, The Brass Verdict and The Reversal)- I even got my mum reading them. I really struggled with The Overlook though - couldn't get into it at all which is why I think I haven't read his last 3.

The Lincoln Lawyer and The Closers were probably his best!

• 4 weeks later...