The Hollows Series by Kim Harrison

• 1 year later...

The Hollows is an urban fantasy series set in Cincinnati and follows runner/investigator and witch Rachel Morgan. After a virus, spread by genetically modified tomatoes, kills a large part of the human population, the magical and supernatural members of society come out in to the open. Witch Rachel and her friends Ivy, a vampire, and Jenks, a pixie, form their own runner service called Vampiric Charms. The books are narrated by Rachel and follow her encounters with demons, how she learns ley line and demon magic, as well as her everyday, albeit very unusual, life.

There are currently ten books in the series, and all the titles are twists on films or quotes relating to Clint Eastwood films:

1. Dead Witch Walking

2. The Good, the Bad, and the Undead

3. Every Which Way But Dead

4. A Fistful of Charms

5. For a Few Demons More

6. Where Demons Dare

7. White Witch, Black Curse

8. Black Magic Sanction

9. Pale Demon

10. A Perfect Blood

I've read the first five so far. I have to admit, I struggled with the first book due to the typeface used in the paperback edition which I found difficult to read, but since I've switched to the Kindle versions I've been enjoying the series. The books are all quite long, and some of them might have been better shorter, but I like the world created, and I'm getting more attached to the characters as the series goes along. This isn't my favourite series in this genre, but I do enjoy them, especially as some lighter reading in between more serious books.

• 2 months later...

Another favorite Author/Series where the author has allowed our main protagonist to grow and develop. I have found Kim Harrison's writing a pleasure to read, the series entertains me and the characters keep me coming back for more in a desire to see what will happen next. Overall, a successful combination.

• 3 weeks later...