Well I suppose I should say hallo!

CornflowerBlue

Hullo!

I'm Fiona, I'm an avid reader. I'm also an MA student, studying Writing for Children at UCLan. For the course I have to study literature theory and some of the major issues in children's literature, but I also have to write.

I'm a bit of a Neil Gaiman fangirl, and will happily settle down with anything by Colm Toibin, Angela Carter, Jeanette Winterson, Pat Barker or Douglas Coupland.

I worked as a children's bookseller in my first gap year, and still dream of opening a children's book shop. It also reignited my love of teen and YA fiction, and my PhD is going to be in crossover fiction.

When I'm not reading I love to bake, have a little vegetable garden, and I can often be found at our local real ale pub.

Hullo!

Hello and welcome, I see your from my neck of the woods. Preston born and bred but I now live in Cleveleys :lol:

I'm a Leeds girl, TRAPPED in Preston :D I moved here for uni, expecting to just do an undergrad. I've just agreed to a part-time PhD, so it doesn't look like I'm leaving any time soon.

My brother and his family live in Leeds, love going there for shopping :D As I type I can hear schuh calling me :lol:

Edited by madcow
oops spelling!