What's for Dinner?

I'm not sure what it's called, but OH is making a dish which is cabbage, sautéed potatoes and mushrooms, all mixed up in an ovenproof dish, which then has some wells made in the top for eggs to be added, then topped with cheese and baked in the oven.  The eggs cook while it's in the oven and the cheese melts on the top.  Delicious!

We are having a nice veggie shepherds pie tonight made with red lentils and onions with whatever veggies we have in the fridge.

That's one of my favourite dishes to make.   :)  

Tonight I'm making a hodge-podge of shredded sprouts & carrots (stir fried with garlic and paprika), mixed with chopped walnuts and sunflower seeds, and a side of white & wild rice, sweetcorn, and broccoli.  And a fried egg on top, just because.  

Edited by Onion Budgie

Ooh .. that looks delicious Claire!

I only had a tuna fish sandwich and some crisps .. not a proper dinner :( I'm feeling hard done by :D 

What I wanted was a nice big, fat, jacket potato with too much butter and grated cheese. I didn't get it though .. it was not in my fridge .. it was only in my imagination  :blush2: 

Pasta made with garlic and red pepper sautéed in olive oil and then added a cup of white wine and the juice of a lemon. Then add crushed tomatoes to the mixture and pour over angel hair spaghetti which had been prepared.......delicious. A bottle of Valpolicella with the meal.

Ooh .. that looks delicious Claire!

They were amazing, but OH had made two each, and we'd both already had a salad to start, so we only managed one each in the end! OH did have his as a midnight snack after I'd gone to bed though, and the final one for his lunch the next day, so it didn't go to waste :D