What's for Dinner?

Was a tad naughty and decided to make breaded Southern-style tofu goujons and shallow-fried them and served them with chips. So a vegan KFC!

Was a tad naughty and decided to make breaded Southern-style tofu goujons and shallow-fried them and served them with chips. So a vegan KFC!

Wonderful stuff that is, we do the same at home, tofu with chips, every so often. Tonight in Rome I had hot spicy spaghetti with olive oil soaked bread.

Tonight was a great dinner.

Fresh wild king salmon steaks

fresh yellow cauliflower

fresh picked green beans from my garden

fresh large tomato from my garden and sliced on a plate

cucumber fresh from my garden and sliced in apple cider vinegar

Bottle of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay

the green beans, cucumber, and tomato was the first of the season from my vegetable garden.

Edited by muggle not

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We had a wonderful Easter dinner.

Honeybaked ham

Home baked beans (wife's secret recipe)

Potato salad (again, wife's secret recipe)

Pickled eggs and beets

Asparagus with cheese on it

Bottle of Old Cannery Row Chardonnay - Santa Lucia Highlands

ah, may be my favorite meal of the year :)

Edited by muggle not

Making the most of the short asparagus season again tonight, with asparagus flan with herb roasted new potatoes and steamed veggies :smile2:

(We had the first asparagus on Wednesday night, with an asparagus and lemon linguine which was delish!!! :D)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Speaking of Chili. I made a pot the other day and had some of it for dinner. I always put a whole Habanero pepper in the chili for flavoring and then discard the habanero after done cooking. Well, this time I forgot to discard the habanero and while eating the chili I ate the whole darn thing. Let me tell you, don't ever eat a whole habanero pepper. I can't even begin to tell you what it is like to eat a whole habanero.

I grow habaneros and frequently eat one with dinner, but, only in wee small bites at a time or cut up in small pieces in the food, but never the whole thing at once.

Oh muggle, that must've hurt!  I bet you won't be doing that again in a hurry.

I also had chili yesterday, although mine was a veggie version made with green lentils.  It was delicious -- and I have lots left over for later in the week, so hurrah for that.

Tonight was simple, just a baked potato with lots of steamed veg tossed in soy sauce, some sunflower seeds thrown in, and a fried egg on top.  

• 2 weeks later...