What's for Dinner?

We do try and limit the amount of dairy we eat, as although I am okay with it, it does affect Coran. I find that stroganoff tastes nicer with soya cream though anyway.

I bought another nice lot of veggies at work today - a huge cauliflower, a big bag of potatoes, some spinach (they let me have that free), a big bunch of spring onions, some beans and 2 lovely courgettes - and all for a fiver.  :smile: Sainsbury's loss is their gain ! Tonight though we are having egg and chips ...      

Edited by Talisman

It's not free - I have to pay for it. They let me have the spinach for free as otherwise it would have just wilted. It's still cheaper than the supermarkets though and tastes a million miles better, plus I know I am supporting our clients who grow most of it. :smile:

It's not free - I have to pay for it. They let me have the spinach for free as otherwise it would have just wilted. It's still cheaper than the supermarkets though and tastes a million miles better, plus I know I am supporting our clients who grow most of it. :smile:

YUM!  Nothing better than fresh grown veggies or from a home garden!  Especially with spinach, tomatoes and avocado's.  I have wishes of Muggle Not's garden!

YUM!  Nothing better than fresh grown veggies or from a home garden!  Especially with spinach, tomatoes and avocado's.  I have wishes of Muggle Not's garden!

There is absolutely nothing better than a tomato sandwich with a home grown tomato. Home grown tomatoes are completely different and sooooo much better than store bought. :)

There is absolutely nothing better than a tomato sandwich with a home grown tomato. Home grown tomatoes are completely different and sooooo much better than store bought. :)

I love the little red and yellow ones!  And Heirlooms are to die for!  Just a lil olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some garlic- mmmmmmm.... just like bruschetta.

We had a nice roast with veggie burgers, the potatoes (which were gorgeous - really soft and buttery) and cauliflower from work and from organic carrots from the supermarket, not forgetting the roasted red onion. I will have the leftover roast potatoes cold in a salad for lunch at work tomorrow. From the look of their greenhouses, they may have tomatoes for sale again next week. The onions and parsnips are coming along nicely too.   :smile:   

Last night we had zucchini lasagna, sautéed zucchini (dipped in beaten egg and then panko crumbs with parmesan cheese), sliced tomato and cucumbers from my garden, and a bottle of excellent rioja wine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We had a nice omelette made with organic eggs and filled with fresh herbs (not sure what they were, but there was some thyme in there) from the garden at work with a nice crisp salad with the various winter salad leaves that I also bought from work - harvested fresh this morning.

We had shepherd's pie - which is usually delicious - sadly I've been ill all day and as such didn't enjoy it as much as normal. I think there might be some leftover for lunch tomorrow however, so fingers crossed for that. :mellow:

Roasted tomato and mozzarella pasta bake - we roast the tomatoes on the vine with garlic and olive oil in the summer when they're at their best, then freeze the sauce so we can use it during the cold months when the tomatoes are out of season, and we can still have our favourite pasta dish! :D

Roasted tomato and mozzarella pasta bake - we roast the tomatoes on the vine with garlic and olive oil in the summer when they're at their best, then freeze the sauce so we can use it during the cold months when the tomatoes are out of season, and we can still have our favourite pasta dish! :D

That sounds delicious, Claire!

Was out over at the girlfriend's place tonight and her mum cooked for us. Just spaghetti bolognase with some freshly grated cheese so nothing exciting, but very tasty and a favourite of mine! :character0104:

Edited by Ben