What's for Dinner?

Just having a quorn fillet and salad today.  Last salad of the season now, as the salad items are now all from overseas, and we try to keep our food miles local where we can.  Will have to find new fast day recipes for the winter months - going to try an oriental broth next time I think.

18 hours ago, Lau_Lou said:

That sounds amazing! 

I'm not hungry, but that is making my mouth water :D

It was quite tasty. The sauce if you are interested is from Sainsbury's Taste the Difference range. It comes in one of those plastic pouches and costs about £1.50, although it has been on offer recently for £1. 

They do a couple of other flavours as well, but this is our favourite. It's something different.

On 01/11/2017 at 4:41 PM, Talisman said:

It was quite tasty. The sauce if you are interested is from Sainsbury's Taste the Difference range. It comes in one of those plastic pouches and costs about £1.50, although it has been on offer recently for £1. 

They do a couple of other flavours as well, but this is our favourite. It's something different.

I think I will definitely be trying some :) I am back to work tomorrow, so I will have a look on my lunch break.

I am not sure what we will have tonight - I am waiting for Coran to get home so we can both decide. We have a choice of veggie sausage and mash, baked potatoes with beans and salad, vegetable stroganoff with rice, frozen pizza or pasta with red pesto sauce. Any one of them would be nice.    

We had a hearty stew last night with dumplings.  Stewing steak, lots of vegetables

It was so lovely I don't know why I don't do more of them and it tastes so much better the day after you make it.

Nice one, Talisman.  :) 

Today I had some leftover veggie bolognese sauce, so I turned it into a cottage pie, and had that with some steamed veg.  All sprinkled liberally with tabasco, which is my replacement for Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce now that I'm one of them there vegetarians!  Wonderful comfort food on a cold day.

We had cottage pie as well - how weird is that. Ours wasn't as adventurous as yours though - some veggie mince from Sainsbury's mixed with red onions and tomatoes and topped with potato and carrot mash with cauliflower. Very nice it was too. At the moment I am eating a gluten free chocolate log with custard which is rather nice as well, and extremely moreish!    

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 14/03/2018 at 4:18 PM, Onion Budgie said:

I've never had pierogi, I had to Google!  They sound really good.

Tonight it's homemade veggie meatballs with spaghetti, steamed veg, and a sliced avocado.  One of my favourite meals.  :)

Delightful Onion Budgie.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...