What's for Dinner?

I'm ravenous.

Tonight we're having chicken roulades with roast potatoes, gravy and roast root veggies. I may purchase more foccacia, depending on what's in Lidl and Supervalu, as I'm craving it something awful. It was delicious last night with lasagne, perfect for mopping it up! :D

It was delicious, I haven't been that stuffed by a meal in ages. :D

This evening we're going with simpler hot dogs.

As a side note, I love being able to contribute to this thread now. When I lived 'alone' (shared with strangers) I never used the kitchens and frequently ate packaged sandwiches, hummus and crackers, or ordered pizza. Now that I'm cooking for two (or being cooked for) in a nice kitchen with someone I care about, I get to have all sorts of nice meals.

With the sun blazing outside, my thinking today was: "It's way too hot for a (veggie) roast dinner!  I'm going to make something else instead!"

So I made a curry. :lol:  

No, I don't know either.

It was a really good curry, mind you.  A chickpea and vegetable one.  Served with white rice and steamed broccoli.

Edited by Onion Budgie

1 hour ago, Onion Budgie said:

With the sun blazing outside, my thinking today was: "It's way too hot for a (veggie) roast dinner!  I'm going to make something else instead!"

So I made a curry. :lol:  

No, I don't know either.

It was a really good curry, mind you.  A chickpea and vegetable one.  Served with white rice and steamed broccoli.

I hope you had onion bhaji, Onion Budgie. 

There are some really nice sounding meals on here, makes me so hungry.

We had salmon salad last night which I so enjoyed, still on the healthy eating but at this time of the year is not a hardship.  Had a frozen yogurt after it which I think I will do all the time, so much nicer than just having it straight out of the fridge.

We are having a mixed veg stroganoff with brown rice - it's a great way to get your five a day and use up any leftover veg. I will be using a red onion, broccoli, green beans, carrots, baby corn cobs and a few cherry tomatoes.   

I have a feeling I'll be sending hubby out to collect an Indian take away...come the weekend I like to have a night off from having to cook...nobody else offers and this is the usual opt out.

My boss treated the entire department (all 9 of us including himself) to lunch at the local greasy spoon today. There was a board (bored) meeting today and another large event with lots of visitors, so I think he wanted to get away from the site for a while - not that I can blame him. Either way it was very nice of him and a great excuse to spend time together and not do any work for an hour and a half. :)