What's for Dinner?

I have been sat here wondering what to have for tea tonight.  I have got all the ingredients for a chicken curry so think I will go with that and wont take too long when I get in to do.

16 hours ago, bobblybear said:

Something extremely plain, like rice. We've both had some kind of gastro bug, so need something bland. :dry:

Awww, I hope you both feel better soon :(.

Last night for dinner we had what we call 'meal salad', which means we had lettuce with some other vegetables, a sauce / dressing, some cheese, an egg, etc.

12 minutes ago, bobblybear said:

I've just had sausages, mash and peas. :boogie:

It almost sounds like you're in Finland, celebrating Midsummer :D  Grilled sausages for the win!

I had french fries and something called 'grill paws', which I don't know what it might be in English, as I'm not fully aware what it contains in Finnish, either :D

1 minute ago, bobblybear said:

I've just topped my dinner off with Rum & Raisin ice cream for dessert, with strawberries on top. :wub:

Nice! :D

1 minute ago, bobblybear said:

Frankie, "grill paws" sounds strange! Is it animal or vegetable? :o

Animal. I've googled, what it entails exactly, and it's seasoned ground pork and beef in a particular shape.

6412000083527.jpg

You put it in the oven or fry on a pan. A classic from when I was a kid. (Notice the word 'original' in the picture.... so much English we use in Finnish.) 

9 minutes ago, bobblybear said:

That looks really yummy! I've just googled images of it, and someone has wrapped them in bacon, which is even better. :lol:

They are really yummy, I must say! Although the bacon... Never heard or seen anyone do it. Blasphemy!!! :D

Yesterday we had t-bone steak and potato gratin - it was delicious, but the steak was a bit gristly in places. (We've been trying different types of steak to find our favourite!)

This evening will be lasagne, and I think I might pick up foccacia or similar from Marks on the way home as a side.