What's for Dinner?

Ok, one more question. How do you make your pancake day pancakes. I promise no more questions. I'm really not a dummy, just not informed on some of your food recipes. :)

Ask as many questions as you like! :D Here's the recipe for basic pancake batter that I've used https://www.rivercottage.net/recipes/perfect-pancakes

I've actually also made these and filled with sautéed onions, potatoes and mushroom in a béchamel sauce, put in an oven proof dish, then poured a bit more béchamel on top and then sprinkled some cheese over the top and baked in the oven until the cheese is melted and browned (the original recipe had lardons in too, but I just left them out being a vegetarian :giggle2:).  Depending on how hungry we are, we have two or three filled pancakes per person - delicious! :D

I tried a new type of pancake and it "bombed". :) The taste was good but it didn't look anything like the photos.

3/4 cup rolled oats

3/4 cup cottage cheese

1 egg

1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Dash of salt

Mix all ingredients

Lightly oil a non-stick frying pan and cook pancakes.

My pancakes ended up looking like mush instead of how pancakes are supposed to look. I used an old fry pan and it wasn't as "non-stick" as it used to be, plus I didn't use enough olive oil.