What's for Dinner?

^ I may as well have. 

I'm not the greatest cook in the world, but it is very rare I produce something so inedible.  I blame trying to use rice noodle, it all broke up and made the constancy very unappealing.  The good news is, I have another portion in the freezer . . .

^ I may as well have. 

I'm not the greatest cook in the world, but it is very rare I produce something so inedible.  I blame trying to use rice noodle, it all broke up and made the constancy very unappealing.  The good news is, I have another portion in the freezer . . .

Always handy for those unexpected visitors who turn up right on dinner time .....and don't look like they're going to move :giggle2:

Hello!  Now I must admit, I am an omnivore trending toward herbivore.  Can I be 75% vegetarian?  I like meat, but meat doesn't always like me, so given a choice, I'll make something without.  I suppose it's because we ate very little of it growing up.  When I lived alone I almost never cooked meat.  Too much hassle.  I love all the vegetarian options now; so good!

Chickpeas are one of the most versatile foods ever.  Love them every which way!  I ate hummus before it was cool to eat hummus.

Edited by dtrpath27

You can definitely not be only 75 percent veggie - either you are or you are not ! I have been for almost 18 years now and it is the best thing (apart from meeting Coran of course) that I ever did. I used to be really spotty but my skin cleared up within weeks of stopping eating meat. As for cooking meat being a hassle, I couldn't agree more, although I am probably a bit biased. There are so many delicious veggie foods out there now that is impossible to get bored - unless you the sort who lives on ready meals and then you might - I can't remember the last time I bought anything like that though - the closest I get is a frozen pizza. :smile: A veggie diet is also cheaper, which has to be a good thing - I don't know how people afford to eat meat, it's so expensive and wasteful, as half the weight is bones which just get thrown away.

Tonight though being the end of the week, we are being lazy and having eggs, chips and peas.  

• 2 months later...

Tonight we will be having some cheap lamb steak with mini potatoes. Since it's the end of the week and we don't have that many different vegetables left I think I will have a salad with the leftover vegetables (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spring onion, onion). Oh and some seaweed. I've been loving that absolutely lately.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the perks of my wonderful job is being able to buy fresh fruit and vegetables grown in the gardens, as one of the life skills they reach our clients is horticulture. I had some delicious strawberries the other day, and the tomatoes are to die for. They come round the grounds with a big trolley each Monday and Friday morning, but you have to be quick, as the fruit and veg is very popular. It's all seasonal stuff with none of these artificial fertilisers or other rubbish that the supermarkets use and you also know that it's locally produced and helping a very good cause. :smile:  

Tonight though we are having veggie burgers with chips and a big salad.

Edited by Talisman

Yesterday evening my brother and his girlfriend made empanadas (per a chilean recipe). His girlfriend studies Spanish and has been to Chili for several months (my brother joined her for a holiday too). It was quite nice :), though some more vegetables as a side dish would've been nice, but they didn't think about that.

One of the perks of my wonderful job is being able to buy fresh fruit and vegetables grown in the gardens, as one of the life skills they reach our clients is horticulture. I had some delicious strawberries the other day, and the tomatoes are to die for. They come round the grounds with a big trolley each Monday and Friday morning, but you have to be quick, as the fruit and veg is very popular. It's all seasonal stuff with none of these artificial fertilisers or other rubbish that the supermarkets use and you also know that it's locally produced and helping a very good cause. :smile:  

Tonight though we are having veggie burgers with chips and a big salad.

Sounds excellent Talisman.

Tonight we "feasted".  :smile:  We had fresh wild King Salmon, fresh corn on the cob, pasta salad with fresh vegetables from the garden, side of sliced tomatoes (from the garden), and side of sliced cucumbers (from the garden) in apple cider vinegar. And a bottle of Rose from California.

Edited by muggle not