What's for Dinner?

• 3 weeks later...

Catfish and homemade cornbread. Yum! Maybe okra croquettes for a side?

Hah, I'll take the catfish and cornbread, but as far as the okra is concerned, I've never met one I could stand.  Must be Un-Southern or something... :P

No idea, but I've been dying for a roast beef po-boy.

I was going to make gyoza, but I don't think I'm up to standing for that long.  I'm going to see if my dearest will fix some ribs and baked potatoes.  If not, then cereal for all!

Eta:  I fell asleep shortly after I posted and just woke up a little after 11:00 PM.  Some quick nap!  Everyone is sound asleep and I have no clue what happened for dinner.  I assume they rummaged around and found something.

Edited by dtrpath27

Roast pork dinner. It was yummy but I'm all sleepy now. :sleeping-smiley-009

Roast pork always makes me sleepy!  It's one of my favorite cold weather meals. :)

The asparagus season has started! :doowapstart: That means it's asparagus tart for dinner today, then we'll be having asparagus and lemon spaghetti one day in the week :smile2:

I love asparagus! You'll have to share your recipe for asparagus tart.

I've done quite a number on my back, so I'm confined to bed, I'm afraid.  I'm going to see if my dearest will make those ribs I was wanting last week.  Daughter made a lovely barbecue rub that I've been dying to try out.

Both of you, this sounds so delicious! 

It was - one of the best things about my new job is that I can buy fresh veg grown in the garden without the use of chemicals - the asparagus should be ready for harvest soon.

Tonight though we had veggie sausages with potato and celeriac mash with green beans.  

Edited by Talisman

I used to have a  lovely herb garden.  My daughter and I were just talking today about doing a container one this year.  I've tried veggie once before, but it just got away from me.  I have more time to devote to it now, though, so I might try some tomatoes and beans and such this summer.  I have to say, though, t h at the tomatoes and peppers I grew were the most delicious I'd eaten since childhood.

What is celeriac, by the way?  I love discovering new food. :)

Edited by dtrpath27

Last night I made a portabella mushroom burger. YUMMY!!! I became a vegetarian near  the end of last year so its been a bit of a struggle finding and creating meals that satisfy my hunger without making me feel as though I'm missing out. Anyways, I sauteed a large mushroom in butter w/white wine and a little garlic. The bread I used are these new flat wheat burger buns, which are a little thinner than sandwich bread. I topped it with Havarti cheese, hot house tomato, lettuce, onion, avocado with deli stone ground mustard. OMGosh!!! Talk about good eating!!! Guess what I'm going to have for dinner tonight?!

As the only herbivore in my home, I have to make two meals. For the menfolk, I made homemade broccoli and beef stir-fry. I think its safe to say they enjoyed it as there were no left overs.

Last night I made a portabella mushroom burger. YUMMY!!! I became a vegetarian near  the end of last year so its been a bit of a struggle finding and creating meals that satisfy my hunger without making me feel as though I'm missing out. Anyways, I sauteed a large mushroom in butter w/white wine and a little garlic. The bread I used are these new flat wheat burger buns, which are a little thinner than sandwich bread. I topped it with Havarti cheese, hot house tomato, lettuce, onion, avocado with deli stone ground mustard. OMGosh!!! Talk about good eating!!! Guess what I'm going to have for dinner tonight?!

As the only herbivore in my home, I have to make two meals. For the menfolk, I made homemade broccoli and beef stir-fry. I think its safe to say they enjoyed it as there were no left overs.

It sounds so good!  Have you tried black bean burgers yet?  We get them pre-made in a four pack in the frozen section for about five dollars.  Even my dearest who is a diehard carnivore loves them!  I do them with remoulade on grilled flatbread.  So good!  I also like the chickpea patties from Costco.  So good!  My mom used to make stir fry with tofu all the time.  You could make the base then just separate it at the end to add the meat/tofu.  It might save you from double-cooking one night.

Tonight it's omelettes with bacon, mushroom and red peppers. Yummy.

I love breakfast for dinner.  I think I'll do that Thursday...

Edited by dtrpath27