What's for Dinner?

Meeting one of my brothers for a burger dinner in manhattan

Carm - many years ago I had a 9 month (approx.) work assignment in Manhattan. I alternated staying at the lexington Hotel and around the corner on 48th street at what was then called the Middleton Hotel (which was more of an apt setup)

Tonight we are having pasta with red clam sauce.

We're making homemade pizza tonight. Mine will include smoked chicken, chorizo, salami, bacon bits, mozzerella and some vegetables (ie. mushrooms, paprika/pepper, etc.). Normally we use a bag of chopped vegetables, I'm not sure if we have one at the moment. I'm not sure yet exactly which toppings, since my boyfriend and I will share a pizza and we generally just make one with the toppings on it everywhere the same (since that's the easiest). So it'll depend on what he feels like having, what I've described above is what we usually have.

I feel the same way. Enjoy your dinner :) I don't know what chappattis is but I like curry.

chappatti

I guess you could call it flattened bread made from whole wheat - except the dough isn't fermented, and it's fried on a skillet and not baked :D

chappatti

I guess you could call it flattened bread made from whole wheat - except the dough isn't fermented, and it's fried on a skillet and not baked :D

Yum!! Do you make naan bread bree? When I get takeaway curry I have some and it's so delicious. I've tried making it myself, but it's never quite as good.

Yum!! Do you make naan bread bree? When I get takeaway curry I have some and it's so delicious. I've tried making it myself, but it's never quite as good.

I have tried to make naan a few times but its never as good as the stuff the pros make.

I don't poppy - it's a rarity for me as well.

It's not something that cooked regularly in Indian homes - as it made from refined flour - and not whole-wheat.

It's a treat to eat it in restaurants for us as well :)

I particularly like the garlic one!

Looks good :D. I hope your dinner was nice :).

It was, thanks Athena :)

I love that, bree. :D

Good to hear :) - I sometimes try to make it more interesting my mixing the dough with grated carrot/radish or finely chopped fenugreek leaves :D