What are you watching now?

Lilywhite

Tonight's episode of Waterloo Road was very enjoyable and touched on some very sensitive issues. It is very sad the whole brain tumour story and the issue of trans gender, which has also been touched upon in Hollyoaks. Some strong new characters in there for me tonight.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being Human, season 3, ep 5. Nina is SO my most unfavorite character in almost all of TV history! Grrr :irked:

why don't you like Nina?...I thought she was the most sensible of all of them, have you go as far as the bit with a little of her back story?

why don't you like Nina?...I thought she was the most sensible of all of them, have you go as far as the bit with a little of her back story?

Sorry, Pickle, I know she's sensible, but she's so opinionated about things, and because I've always seen her as an outsider I think it's unfair the way she just barged in and tried to change the vibe of George, Annie and Mitchell. I don't really understand her reasons for disliking Mitchell either, I mean George and Annie love him, and Mitchell's saved both of them. Obviously he's also done some horrid things, but I just think her hatred is unjustified.

Nina's back story,

you mean about her mom being so mean and abusive towards her? It was so sad when she was talking with George about being pregnant, and not knowing if she could be a mother.

Sorry, Pickle, I know she's sensible, but she's so opinionated about things, and because I've always seen her as an outsider I think it's unfair the way she just barged in and tried to change the vibe of George, Annie and Mitchell. I don't really understand her reasons for disliking Mitchell either, I mean George and Annie love him, and Mitchell's saved both of them. Obviously he's also done some horrid things, but I just think her hatred is unjustified.

Nina's back story,

you mean about her mom being so mean and abusive towards her? It was so sad when she was talking with George about being pregnant, and not knowing if she could be a mother.

Thats Ok she is by far mot my favourite character (George has the best lines of any of them) but I think she is interesting and has to cope with being in a tight group dynamic and the voice of reason when the others act before thinking, she does make George chose between her and Mitchell but I think she has to, as George is quite naive or at least wants to retain an innocence about the others...anyway it gets more shocking through the series I am so glad you are enjoying it. did you ever watch the American version, did they try and glam it all up as per usual? I like the fact that apart from Mitchells obvious good looks (in an indie grimey way) none of them are ultra hot. Especially the Vampires who have insinuated themselves into all parts of society.....love it!!!

I hate when people have to choose and make those kind of decisions, Pickle, so I guess I sort of resent Nina for doing that to George. I've only seen a few minutes here and there of the the American version, and yes, they did glam it up a bit. That's what I like about the BBC version, is that not everyone has to be perfect looking. I'm debating whether or not to watch the last episode of season 3 though, as I know what happens :(.

Right now I'm watching the Vampire Diaries season finale. Up next, Bones! I love Thursdays...

Edited by peacefield

Spaced (I bought the DVDs! :D)

:hissyfit: I'm so jealous, Kylie!! I want my own copy of Spaced! Lucky Girl :P:D

"I was like you once. Blonde hair. Scraggly little beard. Childlike ears, full of beans and spunk. I let my principles get in the way of things. I punched a bloke in the face once for saying that 'Hawk the Slayer' was rubbish."

I'm about to complete my weekend with 3 of my favorite Bones episodes. Bring on the Booth-man!

Episode 7 of Being Human season 3. I'm not watching the 8th and final episode though because I don't want to sob myself to sleep tonight after seeing what's happened :(. So after this I'll just watch the bonus features.