What are you watching now?

Lilywhite

"Pam Shortt's broken both her legs, and I want to dance with you!" :lol:

I'm watching an episode of Angel at the moment - still making my way through the first season. I'm bitter at the loss of Doyle. I really don't understand why they did that!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right you've sold it, I'm starting as soon as possible. Will note down Supernatural also, seen as though I have complete confident in your taste of books, film, etc. In other news I'm currently watching How I Met Your Mother Season 6 Episode 18, entitled A Change of Heart; the latest episode to air. I absolutely love this show, gets better and better.
Glad to hear all of the above :cool:Dexter rocks, Supernatural rules, and HIMYM is indeed continuously self-improving genius.

Actually, I thought you must have been watching DVDs.

Ahem. Forget I breathed :D.

They just started an American version of [Being Human] over here but it's on cable so I haven't seen it.

I don't know how else to put this: don't bother. I watched the first episode just because you can't knock what you haven't seen, and it was so unbelievably awful I actually had to watch it in 5 minute spurts with entire half hours in between to clear my mind and soul, I felt so tainted. They took a brilliantly scripted, wonderfully acted, touching, funny, charming, utterly bewitching series and managed to turn it to something I can't print here.

The new people can't act, they don't emote, they don't have chemistry, and to be honest don't make me care about their characters - they could all have met their ultimate ends at the end of the first episode and I wouldn't have cared. Aidan (I still can't believe they called their vampire like the lad who plays Mitchell, what's up with that?) is particularly frightful, I don't for one second buy he is conflicted about his bloodlust. Mitchell you want to cuddle and tell everything will be alright; Aidan you would quite gladly see rot in hell. Also Josh (George) has to tell us he's an OCD sufferer, because clearly he lacks the skill to convey it with mannerisms. As for Sally (Annie) she is slightly less atrocious, but not something to write home about by any stretch of the imagination. Sam Pellegrino (Herrick) is the only actor amongst them worthy of the term, and sadly one good baddie can't salvage a mess of a remake.

In better news, I've just watched the last episode of Supernatural (S06.E15), and I'm pleased to announce the following: following the magnificent Season 5 and the so-far-lukewarm beginning of Season 6, SUPERNATURAL IS GOOD AGAIN!!!!!

I don't know how else to put this: don't bother. I watched the first episode just because you can't knock what you haven't seen, and it was so unbelievably awful I actually had to watch it in 5 minute spurts with entire half hours in between to clear my mind and soul, I felt so tainted. They took a brilliantly scripted, wonderfully acted, touch, funny, charming, utterly bewitching series and managed to turn it to something I can't print here.

The new people can't act, they don't emote, they don't have chemistry, and to be honest don't make me care about their characters - they could all have met their ultimate ends at the end of the first episode and I wouldn't have cared. Aidan (I still can't believe they called their vampire like the lad who plays Mitchell, what's up with that?) is particularly frightful, I don't for one second buy he is conflicted about his bloodlust. Mitchell you want to cuddle and tell everything will be alright; Aidan you would quite gladly see rot in hell. Also Josh (George) has to tell us he's an OCD sufferer, because clearly he lacks the skill to convey it with mannerisms. As for Sally (Annie) she is slightly less atrocious, but not something to write home about by any stretch of the imagination. Sam Pellegrino (Herrick) is the only actor amongst them worthy of the term, and sadly one good baddie can't salvage a mess of a remake.

I believe I'll skip our version, BookJumper! :lol: Thanks for the warning. Everything you described that our version of Being Human isn't, is exactly why I love the original version. Mitchell, George and Annie struggle with their 'afflictions' constantly and convey them expertly. Plus, I love the comedy! With George especially. Along with that, I've been in tears whilst watching it, like with the episode when Gilbert (another ghost) realizes who he loves and has to walk through the door :(. I can't wait to see the next 4 episodes and then season 2!

I'm about to hit the hay, but I couldn't let the day end without watching the pair of my favorite forensic anthropologist and FBI agent in Bones :D.

I believe I'll skip our version, BookJumper! Thanks for the warning. Everything you described that our version of Being Human isn't, is exactly why I love the original version. Mitchell, George and Annie struggle with their 'afflictions' constantly and convey them expertly. Plus, I love the comedy! With George especially. Along with that, I've been in tears whilst watching it, like with the episode when Gilbert (another ghost) realizes who he loves and has to walk through the door. I can't wait to see the next 4 episodes and then season 2!

*phew* glad to have saved you the trouble & heartache, Peacefield! And... OMG, Gilbert! Isn't he the most adorable thing ever? I love the way he throws that branch away in dismay when she goes, "Are we actually having Gilbert fun yet?" :lol: bless him! Alex Price's vocal work is really impressive too, I mean he had me fooled as a Northener and I've lived in Liverpool for three years, yet when I saw and interview with him he actually speaks nothing like that in real life... skillz, pure and simplez.

I've been watching Outcasts - even though they've moved it to Sunday night. I've really enjoyed this, there's good acting and good story-lines. Yes, the first couple of episodes were slow, but they built the characters. A shame the BBC have already said there won't be another series - 'cos I think I'm the only person in the country actually still watching it!

Cool, Weave! Do you watch the show can I ask?

I watch it every week, its fab :) I am currently watching 'South Park' :)

I watch it every week, its fab :) I am currently watching 'South Park' :)

Excellent! I approve :D.

RIght now I'm watching 'Who Do You Think You Are?' It's a very interesting episode with Lionel Ritchie.

Come Dine with Me, the Swedish version (Halv åtta hos mig). I've seen versions of this format from a lot of countries but the Swedish one is easily the best, the commentator is so funny and I can relate to the Swedes, they're easy-going folk :)

*phew* glad to have saved you the trouble & heartache, Peacefield! And... OMG, Gilbert! Isn't he the most adorable thing ever? I love the way he throws that branch away in dismay when she goes, "Are we actually having Gilbert fun yet?" :lol: bless him! Alex Price's vocal work is really impressive too, I mean he had me fooled as a Northener and I've lived in Liverpool for three years, yet when I saw and interview with him he actually speaks nothing like that in real life... skillz, pure and simplez.

Gilbert was such a cutie, BookJumper!! I loved his disgusted talk at the kind of music people were listening too. Speaking of accents, what kind would you say George has? He sounds exactly like my BIL so I'm curious. I was watching the special features and they talked a lot about filming in Bristol - where abouts is that?

I watched more episodes of season 1 last night and I won't lie, I cried a lot. Maybe I was just in a weepy mood, but when Annie got her 'door' ?? Ugh I was lost. Also when George cries he sets me off every time. I'm trying really hard to like the character Nina, but it's difficult for some reason. The end of this last episode I watched though - WOAH! Is what I think is going to happen to Nina, going to happen?! Intense man...

Just watched Let's Dance For Comic Relief and have to say it was hilarious. Ade Edmondson won doing a ballet thing, and The 80's Super Group came second doing Grease Lighting.