Any recommendations on an aviation based novel?

Hi Guys,

I am newish to this forum and hope this is the correct place to post.

I was hopeing that somebody may be able to recommend a good aviation based novel? I am not a great reader and tend to read fairly slowly so nothing really, really heavy.

I have read quite a few pilot autobiographies but quite fancy a fictional novel - any suggestions would be great, I sometimes work away so may not be able to reply back straight away.

Many thanks

Gav :)

How about Airframe by Michael Crichton?

From the back of the book:

"Three passengers are dead. Fifty-six are injured. The interior cabin virtually destroyed. But the pilot manages to land the plane...

At a moment when the issue of safety and death in the skies is paramount in the public mind, a lethal midair disaster aboard a commercial twin-jet airliner bound from Hong Kong to Denver triggers a pressured and frantic investigation.

Airframe is nonstop reading: the extraordinary mixture of super suspense and information on a subject of compelling interest that has been a Crichton landmark since The Andromeda Strain.

'A first rate thriller'

Sunday Times"

You might try Ascent by Jed Mercurio. It's the story of a Soviet fighter pilot in the Korean War, who goes on to be selected as a cosmonaut in the USSR's space programme. It's got one of the most haunting endings I've ever read.

Or you could try Biggles ....:)