All things LOST!

Michelle

I am not much of a television watcher, but I loved this show!

And now I have to re-watch all of it, because for so long I was waiting for all the scientific answers to everything and it turned out that everything was allegory, metaphor, and symbolism.

I should have known. *slaps forehead*

At least I did get some of it.

Guest Eliza1

I'm a HUGE lost fan. I was so disappointed with the ending and so confused for a bit. I get it all now, I understand the whole meaning of the show, and I knew that lost wasn't going to have a pretty ending, I cried so much on the final scene with sawyer and juliette. I just want to know why Penny ended up waiting too, as she never set foot on the island, and some characters that were on the island weren't in the reunion scene (including ben but I understand he was now the Islands protector). I thought the explaination of the Islands origination (was there one?) was skimmed over and completely flaky and as one of the big questions in the show, should have been given a better explanation. Mainly I was just heart broken for two days because I was never going to watch lost again. I am contemplating watching it all again though, i'm sure i will at some stage

• 2 months later...

I just want to know why Penny ended up waiting too, as she never set foot on the island, and some characters that were on the island weren't in the reunion scene (including ben but I understand he was now the Islands protector). ...............I thought the explaination of the Islands origination (was there one?) was skimmed over and completely flaky and as one of the big questions in the show, should have been given a better explanation.

Edited by pontalba

On the DVD there is a bonus scene where Ben goes to the warehouse that has been dropping that food stuff labeled Dharma [on the Island]...and cancels the drops. He told the people there that there was a new man in charge. I had to laugh.

Then the part when Ben goes [in his role as Hurley's #2 man] to the same Asylum where Hurley had been held, and Walt was there, and Ben took him back to the Island. That was just wonderful.

Was all of that in the episode they showed on TV? It was under bonus features on the last disc of the series.

You should probably cover that with a spoiler as that wasn't in the show. It's a special extra on the dvd.

Edited by lexiepiper

pontalba, spoilers are needed for discussion of the show, as it had been aired. However, not everyone has seen the extras on the DVD,so they are best spoilered.

The spoiler feature is in the drop down box when you are replying, which starts with 'Other styles'.

pontalba, spoilers are needed for discussion of the show, as it had been aired. However, not everyone has seen the extras on the DVD,so they are best spoilered.

The spoiler feature is in the drop down box when you are replying, which starts with 'Other styles'.

Ach! I knew it was some drop down, but was so tired I couldn't find it last night. :) Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for joining this conversation so late in the day, but I didn't have access to the final season when it aired on television and as a result had to wait for the box set to be released. I watched it over the course of 4 days last week ending with the finale on the Thursday evening. I've re-watched the last 30 minutes of The End a few times since then, and even now just thinking about the ending makes my eyes fill with tears.

I personally found the ending to be perfect. I was and still am a little upset about a couple of little factors mainly...

... the fact that Jack died on the island and didn't live happily ever after with his soul mate Kate off-island...

... but at the same time I think the writers did a fantastic job wrapping things up and I think any other ending just wouldn't have been the same. I have to say that I think Lost has become my all-time favourite show and as a result and because I can't stop thinkning about the ending I've decided to do a complete re-watch. One episode per day until I've seen them all. Anyone care to join me?