Stephen King

Michelle

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
:lol: Yay, I finally finished IT at the weekend, I did enjoy it in the end though. Its just so thick. I then watched the film and thought it was awful, was really fake. Pennywise really made me laugh throughout it though which I liked, but it kind of made it not so scary. Did anybody else hate the film? :smile2: I really wish I hadnt watched it because it spoilt it for me a bit.

I can't really remember much about the film, except that I thought Tim Curry (?) did a pretty good job as Pennywise the clown. I think it was quite good, and not as bad as some of the awful King adaptations you get, but it was no Shawshank!

Hello,

I have read most of Stephen King's book, the first book I ever read of Stephen King's was 'The Dead Zone' which is still my favourite now, I also enjoyed The Stand, Cell, Nightmares and Dreamscapes..

But my all time favourite is The Dark Tower..

:smile2:

Well I made a conscious effort to read it last night. It is not awful per say, just bloody hard to start reading! The characters are on the dull side of dull and I can tell it is going to be a KIng novel were nothing happens until page 800! It might well turn out to be a cracker but at the moment it is a lesson in patience and perserverance!

• 2 months later...

Pet Semetery was the first I read, and is probably my favourite, I have the first 4 Dark Tower books, but I really struggled with book 1 so haven't read the others.

The only thing that sometimes annoys me with SK is that he turns a perfectly scarey horror story into a supernatural alien thing. I find it can get a bit disappointing when it happens all the time!

Anna

I am on page 680 of The Stand and so far it is the absolute best book by King that I have read, and I have read many of his.
It's not only my favourite King, it's one of my all-time favourites. I must have read it at least a half-dozen times & every time it feels just as fresh and freaky as the first time.

• 2 months later...

I have everything Stephen King has written. My favourite is Insomnia, closely followed by The Stand, which is one of the best books I have ever read. Carrie and The Shining were the ones to give me nightmares (both overdue for a re-read). The Dark Tower series is, for me, the failure. Went on for too long and a very poor ending.

If you want to start with a "classic" Stephen King then Needful Things or The Tommyknockers are good ones - not too long but have the unmistakeable King touch