Stephen King

Michelle

Book 8 of the Dark Tower is actually supposed to take place somewhere between Book 3 and Book 4.

Polite correction it is between book 4 and 5. I believe it is similar to book 4 in that it is mostly 'flashbacks'

Edited by Timstar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Polite correction it is between book 4 and 5. I believe it is similar to book 4 in that it is mostly 'flashbacks'

yes, you are correct, it is between book 4 and 5, and it was my error.

I am a little surprised that there has been little discussion of The Wind Through the Keyhole. I started reading the book and it is bringing back fond memories of why I thoroughly enjoyed the entire series. Unfortunately, I received a library book that I had on hold and have now temporarily stopped reading the King Book to read the Baldacci book. I am anxious to get back to King.

Well I won't be buying it until it comes out in paperback, but I did have a look at it in Waterstone's to see what the back cover looks like, you can tell it is made up of thousands of pictures but obviously you can't see any individual faces... but mine is there :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just finished rading Salems Lot. I quite enjoyed it and thought it was written very well, but I found it more entertaining than scary. It's the second SK book I've read (I read Needful Things when I was about 15 and enjoyed that aswell) and I'll probably pick up a few more.

I've just finished rading Salems Lot. I quite enjoyed it and thought it was written very well, but I found it more entertaining than scary. It's the second SK book I've read (I read Needful Things when I was about 15 and enjoyed that aswell) and I'll probably pick up a few more.

I really enjoyed Salem's Lot but have yet to read Needful Things. Recently finished The Shining and thought it was amazing!

Just downloaded the new short story by Stephen King and his son, Joe Hill, In the Tall Grass for 99p

http://www.amazon.co.uk/In-the-Tall-Grass-ebook/dp/B009K2AJB4/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1349905134&sr=1-1

Also a page for his upcoming novel, Joyland, but no release date yet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Joyland-Stephen-King/dp/1781162646/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kinc_1

i reading the shining at moment nearly at end of the book and loving it.iv read a few stephen kings green mile is def up there.only read two dark towers so far and the drawing of the three was good i thought.everyone keeps sayiong about bag of bones i bought it off ebay years ago now i cant find it is annoying me lol i got quite a few books to read from him what iv got from xmas and past and they are.IT,under the dome,heart of atlantis,dead zone,bag of bones if i can find it lol i think that is it.

I did read 'IT' once, didn't enjoy it though, i kept wanting to get to the end and the story seemed to drag. I haven't read any of Stephen King's other books, yet i want to read Green Mile, i loved the film. :)

I did read 'IT' once, didn't enjoy it though, i kept wanting to get to the end and the story seemed to drag. I haven't read any of Stephen King's other books, yet i want to read Green Mile, i loved the film. :)

As I stated elsewhere, "IT" is one of my favorite Stephen King books.

btw, for all the stephen King fans, I have changed my photo. It is a painting that was done by my cousin. :)

oj after the book im reading now i gonna read another stephen king book.what one should i read first? under the dome/or IT?

I have read both and my preference is "IT". However, there are many fans of King I am sure that will recommend Under the Dome. I enjoyed both books but "IT" was my favorite of the two.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm loving 11.22.63 which I am reading at the moment. I've not read anything else by the King I know "IT" is highly recommended but wasn't too excited about the movie which kind of puts me off the book. Was thinking about The Stand next or The Shining :smile:

I've read a few books by Stephen King, It is my favourite. The fact that I read it when I was a lot younger, probably helps with it as for me reading it is partially nostalgia (if that makes sense). I've got a few more of his books on my wishlist, such as 11/22/63 since I've heard good things about them. I don't read a lot of horror these days but as far as horror writers go I think Stephen King is one of the best I've read (for adults).

The Shining.., I've seen the movie but not read the book. Added it to my wishlist.

I am about 400 pages into The Stand and enjoy it very much. only 738 pages to go. :smile: It may be one of his best, or at least one of the best, excluding the Dark Tower Series. But, I still have to finish the book.

I'm half the way through this novel and I have to agree that so far, 'The Stand' is the best Stephen King book I have read. I'm hoping that I'm not disappointed at the end.