Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've finished Time's Legacy by Barbara Erskine and thought it was fantastic. I love dual time narrative books and this had lots of mysticism in it too.

Now over half way through The Upright Piano Player by David Abbott - another great read.

I started reading Obsidian Butterfly yesterday, but was out for the day and at almost 700 pages, it was just too big to carry around, so took Devil In Disguise by Julian Clary with me, and have read about 100 pages on the train and in the cafe.

I finished my re-read of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows this afternoon :D

I am about 83 pages into Intensity by Dean Koontz and I am finding it rather silly.

A killer that waves his hands in the air to call down a spider so he can eat it. :D

Does anyone know if this gets any better?

I had to read the spoiler because sometimes I want to know what annoys people about books, and that is too funny, I would laugh out loud if I read that and be intrigued :D

I had to read the spoiler because sometimes I want to know what annoys people about books, and that is too funny, I would laugh out loud if I read that and be intrigued :D

I think that is the problem, though. This isn't meant to be a funny book. At least, I don't think so. :)

All right. I'm done with Intensity. I just can't take the lack of logic anymore. Sometimes Koontz works for me. This was not one of those times.

I am going to start on Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult. :D

I really wanna read to find that part you were talking about :D

I've read another few chapters of Frankenstein :)

I really wanna read to find that part you were talking about :D

I've read another few chapters of Frankenstein :)

I would send you the book for just the cost of shipping, but since you are on the other side of the pond from me, I doubt you would want to pay for even that. :)

I haven't read Frankenstein yet, but it's in my TBR pile. :D

I re-read an old childhood book yesterday: Penny Pollard's Diary by Robin Klein. It wasn't too bad. I've also read about 60 pages of Mort, which I'm really enjoying.

I've read about 120 pages of Mort today. It's by far the quickest I've read a Pratchett novel. For some reason they usually take me a week or more to read.

I went to a couple of bookshops and bought two non-fiction books:

The QI Book of Animals

The Fruit & Vegetable Garden

Oh boy! I've just realised that it's soon July and the reading circle is doing Alice in Wonderland and I've yet to read it. I'd better get a move on and find my copy of it, ooooops!

At least its a pretty short read Frankie. Look forward to discussing with you in the circle :D