Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

I managed a couple of chapters of No1 Detective Agency WOOP! :D

After reading in the lost mojo thread about short stories I read a couple of Wordsworths poems (I don't think I have any short stories on my shelf).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought books on an impulse today. I saw the word 'Sale' when I went into HMV for a cd, and filled my boots.

I rarely go into books shops because the urge to buy stuff is too much. I'm debt free and want to stay that way. So I steer clear.

I also think that using the library makes sure that it wont get closed down.

I got Screen Burn-Charlie Brooker

The Liar-Stephen Fry

Moab is my Washpot-Stephen Fry.

All for a tenner. I'm on hols in a couple of weeks so I'm saving them for then. Hope the weather holds out, under a sun brolly with a good book and a cold drink...aaahh bliss.

I don't know why I'm sticking with Deadly Intent. I'm bored with it and have a pile of other books from the library to read. :D

I've had the day off, so have indulged in a mammoth reading session, and after finishing one book this morning, I've just finished another, Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead. Not bad, but on the whole I think I preferred her Vampire Academy series.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot that I did take a half hour break to walk to the library and collect some books I'd reserved that had been delivered:

Obsidian Butterfly by Laurell K. Hamilton

Narcissus In Chains by Laurell K. Hamilton

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

Edited by chesilbeach

I read around 60 pages of Frankenstein whilst walking and then in a field where a spider tried to make a web in my hair and booksteal which in my lexicon means read over my shoulder :(

I also read around a hundred pages of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and am close to finishing that one again :D

nicx27, I can totally relate. I read Forever when I was around 11 or 12 and I was in shock! Have you read any of the books she wrote for adults? I really enjoyed Summer Sisters and Smart Women.

I have read Summer Sisters and loved it, but haven't read any of her other adult work.

I still have my original copy of Forever!

I'm just over halfway through Let The Right One In. Finding myself wanting to put it down every few pages or so, but after a couple of minutes I want to pick it back up and keep reading. It's an excellent story.

I'm 134 pages into Smila's Sense of Snow, and throughly enjoying it. There are so many parallels in her character to Lisbeth in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo! Very different too, but I see her in much the same light.

I had to put down Cloud Atlas for now for a very odd reason. I was finding it very interesting! I just started Ray Bradbury's latest book of short stories We Will Always Have Paris. He is one of those writers I just slip write into. :(

Read another short story in Kazuo Ishiguro's collection Noctures. I'm still not convinced by the short story format for these works, as I've read much better by other writers who understand the refinements of encapsulating a narrative into the short format.

I finished The Rendezvous last night,i liked some of the stories but others weren't so good a bit predictable . I've now started Marley & Me by John Grogan.

I finally finished The World to Come, thank GOD! :D Now I can move on to bigger and better things, right away being something light and uber fluffy :(. I started Blood Ties Book One: The Turning by Jennifer Armintrout this morning.

I've started reading Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma, I'm 70 pages in. So far it's very easy to read and the characters are very likeable. I can completely relate to some of the main issues so far that the characters have, so it feels very real and accessible. Which will be interesting when the main theme, incest, kicks in.

I'm just about to start Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler. She's my favorite comedian so the book should be pretty good :D

I keep meaning to watch her show but I never get around to it :(

I haven't read for a couple of days now...don't know where my mojo has gone.