Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

I love the cover, eventhough I don't like the TV series and it's inaccurate. I just love the colors and everything, Eric's nice... Har de haaa :D I also can't believe that I got it for 9,99e, it's a brand new book, hardback and all!

Let the Right One In is alright, I think I should've wait a little bit longer to read it because I'm not sure if I was in the right mood for it when I started to read it. I really like John Ajvide Lindqvist's style though.

Glad to hear you're enjoying Guilty Pleasures, I've been meaning to give that one a go for ages :D

Wow! That's a bargain! I think I paid about

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started Invisible by Paul Auster this morning, about 117 pages in, didn't want to put it down.

This one is being shipped to me next week.

I love Paul Auster. It sounds like a good one!

I went to the library and got a nice haul of books including a couple of Tess Gerritssens and one of hers in an audio book. I also went to Waterstones and got my dad a book for fathers day, a book for mt bil and one for me most importantly. :D

This one is being shipped to me next week.

I love Paul Auster. It sounds like a good one!

I loved it, just finished tonight. ;) Invisible has so many layers and unreliable narrator that I doubt I'll ever make up my mind who was actually telling the truth, if anyone was!

Yesterday I finished Old School Ties by Kate Harrison - I read it pretty much in one day. This morning I've put aside In Southern Waters by Ian Marchant - there is a lot of swearing and use of the c-word which I just don't like so I'm going to stop reading it. Don't know what I'll pick up next

I am two chapters away from finishing The Exorcist. Unfortunately, I can't finish it right now because I must go to work soon. :D

Pesky job. ;)

I have about 100 pages left of The World to Come, so I'm hoping to finish today. It might take me longer though, as all of a sudden I'm a bit confused! ;) It's embarassing, really, but it's like I turned a corner this morning and read something that I was absolutely clueless about! :D I might have to back-track a bit...

Yesterday I finished The White Queen by Philippa Gregory. In the beggining I was really excited with the book and I couldn't stop reading it but then... at some point it started to drag.. To be honest I don't know what to think. I do not regret reading it but I am not sure if I'm going to read the next one as soon as it comes out...

Today I'm reading The short second life of bree tanner by Stephenie Meyer. So far a page turner. With footbal on I'm sure I'll finish it in a couple of hours.

I'm still plodding on with Deadly Intent. I'm bored, I think I've already worked it out and I'm less than half way through a 600 pager.

I don't want to give it up in case I'm wrong or it improves, but it's the first time I've been less than enthralled by Lynda La Plante.

I have now finished Great Expectations (which I loved) and started The Loving Spirit by Daphne Du Maurier.

Are you still reading Monte Cristo, Mexicola, or did I miss you finishing it and your thoughts? I hope you liked!

Are you still reading Monte Cristo, Mexicola, or did I miss you finishing it and your thoughts? I hope you liked!

I'm still reading it! I've mainly been reading at work and when I'm out and about so I've been getting through some lighter, bag-friendly reads ;) I'm enjoying The Count, I just think it's going to take me a fair while to finish! Do you remember how long it took you to read?

I'm still reading it! I've mainly been reading at work and when I'm out and about so I've been getting through some lighter, bag-friendly reads :lol: I'm enjoying The Count, I just think it's going to take me a fair while to finish! Do you remember how long it took you to read?

I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's a big book though so I can see how switching between that and something more bag-friendly is a good idea :D. I've read it a few times, and honestly I think the first time took me about 2 months at least. It's a lot of story packed in there! Good luck ;).

Oh, and I loved Great Expectations! I don't remember, have you read Matthew Pearl's 'The Last Dickens?' You might be interested in it since it's historical fiction about Charles Dickens and his book tour he went on in the US and the UK (amoung other things).

I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's a big book though so I can see how switching between that and something more bag-friendly is a good idea :D. I've read it a few times, and honestly I think the first time took me about 2 months at least. It's a lot of story packed in there! Good luck :D.

Oh, and I loved Great Expectations! I don't remember, have you read Matthew Pearl's 'The Last Dickens?' You might be interested in it since it's historical fiction about Charles Dickens and his book tour he went on in the US and the UK (amoung other things).

Funnily enough peace, I was looking at that book in a shop just the other day! I wish I'd have bought it, it sounds just my kind of read but I wanted to check up on some reviews etc before purchasing! Will look out for it again now though :lol:

A few times? I'm mightily impressed! I'll give my thoughts on The Count when I'm further into it ;)

I put Intensity back on the shelf. I was whinging about my lost mojo to a friend and he's leant me The No1 Ladies Detective Agency because he reckoned it was fairly short and not too hard going. I've read about three chapters so far and it's entertaining but my mojo still keeps trying to escape!;)

More book buying for me today. 5 in total.

Confessions of an ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire

I Remember You by Harriet Evans

I, Alex Cross by James Patterson

The Chosen One by Sam Bourne

Sign of the Cross by Chris Kuzneski.

I love having book vouchers! :D

Just finished re-reading 1984 and also rereading Animal Farm, excellent books! I was recommended 1984 so gave it a go and the first time around was just to read the story and the second time to analyse the hidden political and societal messages contained within the book!

Animal Farm is a work of genius, too and it can be read on so many levels. Orwell was bang on the money when it came to the true nature of society, class and government!