Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my library book club tonight too! Nearly everyone liked The Outcast and it provoked a good discussion. We've been given Fear of Flying by Erica Jong for next month (and one other which we actually read last year so I won't be reading again).

Meanwhile, I've been back in the supernatural, and reading the next Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter book, Burnt Offerings.

Oh i am glad you had a good book club meet. It was my first one and it was hard to talk about a book that only had a week to read and I never finished. Also everyone had different books as the chosen book apparently was really bad and no one finished it. Everyone was friendly...and I got a free cup of coffee!!!!! So I eagerly await the next one.

As for me I read another 20 pages of The Preacher last night. Unfortunately Due to the football I am not reading too much at the moment, and of course with it being England tonight, I don't think much will read tonight. Hopefully during the weekend I will have time for a read when I take the kids down the park.

I finished Industrial Magic. My mojo picked up towards the end.

I've started Intensity by Dean Koontz but I don't think my hearts in it so I might put it back on the shelf for another time and find something else, not sure what yet though.

I've been putting loads of stuff in my Amazon basket though *smacks hand* naughty.

I'm going to be reading Dead Sight by Glenn Chandler this morning again. It is getting better :D I've been working on my blog again - finding new books to read from other blogs :D

The sole activity for reading so far today has been to place my book next to the coaster mat so that when I stop for the day (around 5 tonight) it will be perfectly placed for me and my cuppa to have a quiet reading session before the evening stuff (cooking etc) kicks in.

Hey, it does count as activity! :D

Why have you been passing on A Confederacy of Dunces, Pontalba? I read it a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. It's strange but brilliant. :D

The whole brouhaha that has surrounded the book and being from the N.O. area myself, it just smacked of /sigh/.....I can hardly describe the feeling. Weird vibes is about the closest I can come to it. :D

Now, that's a book that divides opinion - I read it and thought it was just about the most overrated book I'd ever read!

LOL, that's what I'm afraid of, but at the price I got it, finally, it's worth finding out for myself.

I have decided to put aside Glenn Chandler's Dead Sight - there is a ritual killing of a child and I don't want to read that, and I have enough for my dissertation. I'm listening to A Hat Full of Sky by Terry Pratchett at the moment :D

My mojo still isn't back to normal :D I did manage to read a couple of chapters of Entombed though, it's a book I'd normally not want to put down but at the moment I have to make myself pick it up.

Finished Burnt Offerings and have gone straight on to the next book in the series, Blue Moon. Thanks for recommending the series, Charm, although I think I've overtaken you now :D

(I really must learn not to start and get sucked in to any more new series of books) :D

Finished Burnt Offerings and have gone straight on to the next book in the series, Blue Moon. Thanks for recommending the series, Charm, although I think I've overtaken you now :D

You're very welcome, glad you're enjoying it so much! :D

Don't forget the Savannah Vampire Chronicles by Raven Hart afterwards! :lol:

I went to the library this morning and took out The Senator's Wife by Sue Miller, which is one of the TV Book Club choices and at the moment I'm reading Old School Ties by Kate Harrison

I put down Beauty by Robin McKinley after almost reaching the end. It became too predictable for me, and I didn't find the characters to be fleshed out enough. Does anyone know if her other retelling of Beauty and the Beast, Rose Daughter, is better?

I am now reading The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty.

I went book shopping today. I didn't intend on buying any books - only went into Waterstones for a book voucher for my dad for Father's Day - but I did buy two. Scandalous by Martel Maxwell (I bought it purely because of where the author is from) and Things I wish I'd known by Linda Green (because I loved her previous books):D