Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonthan Saffran Foer

Snowflake

• 6 months later...

I read it last year and I thought it was great. Oskar is a wonderful character and the book actually made me cry. A highlight from last year for me :D

It's also suspiciously similar to Nicole Krauss' The History of Love: Safran Foer and Krauss are married (I believe), but it was so freaky to read one after the other!

I read it last year and I thought it was great. Oskar is a wonderful character and the book actually made me cry. A highlight from last year for me :D

It's also suspiciously similar to Nicole Krauss' The History of Love: Safran Foer and Krauss are married (I believe), but it was so freaky to read one after the other!

I'll have to read, The History of Love, soon. I have it here but had no idea they had anything in common.

I'll have to read, The History of Love, soon. I have it here but had no idea they had anything in common.

They're both brilliant books :blush: I was so freaked out about how similar they were - especially since it hadn't been pointed out to me nor read anything about it! Luckily, a friend read them both after me and noticed it so I wasn't going mad :D

• 1 year later...

How strange! I read these books quite close together and had no idea that the authors were married, and also noticed a similarity in the style and themes. For me, I felt this one was a better book than The History Of Love, which I did start and then take a break and come back to, while I couldn't put down Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.