Why I love books?

I hope you'll have better luck next time, Library Nook. Perhaps a better job is waiting for you somewhere. :smile2: Sometimes something seems such a disappointment, but then later you realise it was better for you after all, a blessing in disguise so to speak. :irked:

Edited by sadya

Sorry you didn't get the job TLN, but you started a wonderful thread, which I hope continues.

Much of what I love about books has been talked about. For me, it's the way a book fills your mind to the exclusion of all else. Nothing else is quite the same - your world is what is in the book. And this can be in any time, place or dimension.

I've loved reading ever since I learned to do so, and I've always had a favourite spot to sit and read. As a child it was the stairs (about three up from the bottom). Currently, it's the sofa in the window of our sitting room at the front of the house. In both cases, it's comfortable (but not too much so - that leads to sleep!), personal, and with plenty of natural light.

Congratulations! That is wonderful news. :lol:

This is a great idea for a thread too.

I've always read. Part of it is escapism I suppose, well, of course it is. :D But it's more than that, it's the opportunity to live other lives in a real sense. Live them without the real heartache, the real ups and downs. I suppose, it's living vicariously through our favorite characters. I have certain books that I have reread so many times that at one time I probably could have quoted them verbatim. Books become your friends, through thick and thin, and like dogs, don't care if you are not a "beauty queen". :D Well, that's a bit of a stretch, but you see the drift of what I mean, yes?

They're dependable.

I was fortunate in being taught to read at a very early age, and haven't stopped since. Reading is one of the most life encompassing, life changing gifts we can give another.

Just being in the room with shelves of books can be calming.

Good Vibes. :lol: