Favourite Avatar Thread

Maureen

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The forum went a bit Wholally over the weekend, so I've jumped the gun for next month . . .

I'm sorry, what does Wholally mean? I don't know the word so I don't know if there was a problem on the forum over the weekend or if you're making some sort of joke :D Also, who's that in your avatar?

I think he means the likes of me!  I've change to a Whovian avatar in honour of the news that Mr Tennant and Ms Piper will be returning to the show for the 50th anniversary special, and I think Raven has changed to what I believe may be Simon Pegg from the new Star Trek film?  Of course, I could be completely wrong. :lol:

Can I answer for Raven? :smile:  

Wholally is a merging and play on words ; Who = Doctor Who (The new series of Doctor Who started in the UK on Saturday) and  doolally = mad. So Doctor Who Mad avatars.

And Raven's current avatar is Scotty from the Star Trek (prequels) films.

I think he means the likes of me!  I've change to a Whovian avatar in honour of the news that Mr Tennant and Ms Piper will be returning to the show for the 50th anniversary special, and I think Raven has changed to what I believe may be Simon Pegg from the new Star Trek film?  Of course, I could be completely wrong. :lol:

Ah yes :D I did notice you had a new avatar and I believed I spotted a Dr Who theme in it, and I think Ben also has a new avatar based on the whole subject? I wouldn't have understood your word 'Whovian' had I not known you Brits are all about some TV series called Dr Who :D

Can I answer for Raven? :smile:  

Wholally is a merging and play on words ; Who = Doctor Who (The new series of Doctor Who started in the UK on Saturday) and  doolally = mad. So Doctor Who Mad avatars.

And Raven's current avatar is Scotty from the Star Trek (prequels) films.

Thanks for that, 'doolally' was a whole new word for me and thus 'wholally' was of course an unknown subject in this household :D

Does this mean that the Finns don't have Doctor Who? :o I am devastated for your nation - the series is fan-blooming-tastic! :D  

Actually I believe we do. However, I didn't know about it or the whole show before I joined this forum and since then I think I realised that we do have the show, but it's called something other than Dr Who (perhaps something along the lines in Finnish). I've not started to watch it though :shrug: I know there are a whole lotta fans on this board :D

As everyone seems to have answered my questions . . .

Actually I believe we do. However, I didn't know about it or the whole show before I joined this forum and since then I think I realised that we do have the show, but it's called something other than Dr Who . . .

I believe it's called Professor Whom.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, Julie's avatar is so cute. But Geordie9's one still scares me a l-o-t :hide:

The one I was talking about was actually another avatar, it was a picture of beautiful colored autumn leaves. Julie's changed her avatar just recently, but you're right, this one's beautiful, too :D

And yep, the clown avatar is a bit scary :blush::lurker:

Yep, Julie's avatar is so cute. But Geordie9's one still scares me a l-o-t :hide:

And me.  :wibbly:  I seriously loathe clowns.   :(

I thought there was a way to turn avatars off and tried to find it when I first spotted the avatar, but I think I imagined that feature.   I didn't know it was from It

You can do it on your mobile by setting it not to load images, but then you wouldn't see my pretty face either so you probably don't need to do that. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...