Favourite Avatar Thread

Maureen

Good News Week. :)

Ah too bad, isn't that the one with the author of the hoarding book, the really annoying person? Shame that he's not on the other one, the Generation one. The gay guy I love on that might've had some fun :giggle2: But you love GNW and the host so good on you, mate! :D:friends3:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah too bad, isn't that the one with the author of the hoarding book, the really annoying person? Shame that he's not on the other one, the Generation one. The gay guy I love on that might've had some fun :giggle2: But you love GNW and the host so good on you, mate! :D:friends3:

Yes, that's the one. I don't think she'll be on tonight. Russell Brand is also on tonight. Two big stars in one episode is pretty unusual. I'm not a fan of Brand, but maybe he'll win me over tonight.

I wish the Neck was in my general vicinity today doing press for Water for Elephants! I would run out of work so fast you wouldn't even see me leave :lol:. I hope it's a good show, Kylie!

I know you guys know who's in Frankie's av, but I have no clue. Who is he??

Kylie told me earlier that neither the Neck, or Russell Brand, were on tonight's show :( They must be on next week! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

The sophisticated intellectual in my avatar is Mr Jason Steger, British-born Australian journalist who is a regular guest on First Tuesday Book Club, the Australian book show to watch. Kylie got tickets for the recording of the show which just so happened to take place during my stay so she could get me a ticket, too. I watched FTBC with Kylie and managed to get quite attracted to this Mr Steger and was only too happy to see him live at the recording :D

I wish the Neck was in my general vicinity today doing press for Water for Elephants! I would run out of work so fast you wouldn't even see me leave :lol:. I hope it's a good show, Kylie!

Kylie told me earlier that neither the Neck, or Russell Brand, were on tonight's show :( They must be on next week! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Meh. They did end up being on the show, but not as panellists like I thought. It was just pre-recorded segments that the host did with Brand and Pattinson. Paul was using loads of Australian slang on poor Pattinson who had no idea what he was talking about. :)

the Australian book show to watch

It's also the only Australian book show to watch! :giggle:

Steger is a lovely, dignified Englishman. He's very smart and loves books. :)

Man, that's too bad they weren't panelists, Kylie! How did the Neck look? In fine Neck-fashion I hope?? ;)

I wish we had a show on about books! The only one I can think of is on this cable news channel called C-Span and I don't have cable so I'm out of luck.

I know C-Span! Rory and Paris loved watching it. :) They appeared on it once when Paris had just found out she didn't get accepted to Harvard, and she went a little nuts and told everyone she had slept with Jamie. :giggle:

To be honest, I never really notice his neck. :lurker: But he looked pretty good.

Meh. They did end up being on the show, but not as panellists like I thought. It was just pre-recorded segments that the host did with Brand and Pattinson. Paul was using loads of Australian slang on poor Pattinson who had no idea what he was talking about. :)

WTH?! Did they conveniently forget to tell that no, they wouldn't actually be panellists? :irked:

It's also the only Australian book show to watch! :giggle:

Sssshh, they don't know that! :giggle:

WTH?! Did they conveniently forget to tell that no, they wouldn't actually be panellists? :irked:

I don't know. Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention to the ads. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Who is the guy in your avvie, Frankie?

Ooh, ooh *waves hand madly in the air* Can I answer?

I've forgotten his name, but he's a well-loved Finnish ice hockey commentator. If you ask Frankie nicely (or even if you just demand it), I bet she'll send you a link to a YouTube video that shows him doing some great commentary. He's an exciteable chap and probably even funnier for us non-Finns to listen to because we can't understand a word he's saying. :giggle:

I've forgotten his name, but he's a well-loved Finnish ice hockey commentator. If you ask Frankie nicely (or even if you just demand it), I bet she'll send you a link to a YouTube video that shows him doing some great commentary. He's an exciteable chap and probably even funnier for us non-Finns to listen to because we can't understand a word he's saying. :giggle:

:lol: Oooh I hope I get to see his commentating! And here I thought it was a musician...

Very good, Kylie, I'm impressed! Peacefield, there you go :) The picture is taken from this year's world championships, when Finland played against Russia to get to the final. Granlund has just scored this amazingly skillful goal and Antero Mertaranta (the commentator) is going absolutely wild.

:lol: Oooh I hope I get to see his commentating! And here I thought it was a musician...

Hehe, I don't blame you for figuring it might be a musician... Here's the link. Someone should really do the sub titles for foreigners some day.

Edit: I guess most commentators don't lack in the excitability department, but Mertaranta has his way with words and he's really a whole lot of fun to listen to. He's been thinking about jumping from TV channel 2 to TV channel 3 and that would mean that unless he can negotiate a particular contract that will allow him to be the commantator for the ice hockey games on channel 2, he'll have to quit and we'll have to try and get used to watching ice hockey without him. He's really an institution over here, I've been listening to him since forever.

Edited by frankie

I love Weave's latest one. I think that's the little girl off Mary and Max? I've only seen about half of the movie but it was delightful :)

Sorry I missed this poppy, well spotted, it is Mary from 'Mary and Max', I saw the film last week and I loved it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry I missed this poppy, well spotted, it is Mary from 'Mary and Max', I saw the film last week and I loved it :)

I know I've said this before Weave, but I ADORE your wee Mary, everytime I see her she makes me smile. It's a combination of her tongue sticking out of the corner of her mouth and the stamps stuck to her hair I think. :blush: