What are you listening to? (part 3)

Maureen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not very surprised that the people who's music I will be commenting on are Mr Karsa and Pixie ... :giggle:

I tried listening to PRR, but I couldn't get into it at all. It had a really annoying sound to it. I can't pinpoint what was wrong with it :( However, I think this is the only band you and I will ever disagree on :lol:

Steven Wilson at House of Blues, Orlando

I was there!

Almost front row, center. :smile2:

That's the understatement of the year. :wink:

It's the best concert I've ever been to.

O. M. G. That's amazing, I'm so jealous!!! But really happy for you, you'll be thrilled and ecstatic for ages to come :lol:

The Definitive Simon & Garfunkel - The Sound of Silence at the moment :wub:

An amazing song. Although very sad. Based on some really sad true stories :(

Currently listening to Finnish Big Brother, on TV. Am not watching it, because am too immersed on stuff on BCF :lol:

A few weeks ago I watched an episode of Criminal Minds (excellent show!) and there was this song towards the end of the episode that just took my breath away, and I had to google the lyrics to see which song it was and by which band. It was Far from Home by Five Finger Death Punch, and that's what I'm currently listening to. I really need to check out their albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvKmMADJtr0

It's the best concert I've ever been to.

I went to see Opeth last night. It wasn't the best concert I've ever been to. It wasn't even the best Opeth concert I've ever been to :lol:

It was good, but they didn't play any of the growly stuff. I don't mind at all if they want to make an album that's all clean vocals, like Heritage, but I don't think they should ignore the older, growly material when they play live. Still, Mikael is a star - he is so funny :lol:

Edited by Karsa Orlong

A few weeks ago I watched an episode of Criminal Minds (excellent show!) and there was this song towards the end of the episode that just took my breath away, and I had to google the lyrics to see which song it was and by which band. It was Far from Home by Five Finger Death Punch, and that's what I'm currently listening to. I really need to check out their albums.

I happened to stumble onto this song just recently too and really like it. It's not what I expected from the band name or album cover.Another example of don't judge the content by the cover :D

Edited by poppy

I saw them live at Download Festival in 2010. They were AMAZING (one of the best bands I saw at the festival).

Five Finger Death Punch ended up getting their set cut because they invited people to crowd surf up to the stage and shake the lead singer's hand whislt still performing. It ended up in mayhem and was a real health and safety issue (though it wasn't as bad as Rage Against The Machine who had to ask people to step back because the people at the front were getting crushed and one person was seriously hurt) so the organisers cut them and Lamb of God ended up playing a longer set.

• 2 weeks later...

I happened to stumble onto this song just recently too and really like it. It's not what I expected from the band name or album cover.Another example of don't judge the content by the cover :D

I know what you mean about the band name and the album cover, I wouldn't have considered listening to them in any other situation, but I just fell in love with the song the minute it started playing! :smile2:

I saw them live at Download Festival in 2010. They were AMAZING (one of the best bands I saw at the festival).

Five Finger Death Punch ended up getting their set cut because they invited people to crowd surf up to the stage and shake the lead singer's hand whislt still performing. It ended up in mayhem and was a real health and safety issue (though it wasn't as bad as Rage Against The Machine who had to ask people to step back because the people at the front were getting crushed and one person was seriously hurt) so the organisers cut them and Lamb of God ended up playing a longer set.

I'm jealous! :) Where's the band from? I have to confess, I haven't ended up listening to their other songs yet, I'm just so blown away by the one I discovered. Every morning when I turn on the computer and start Firefox, the youtube page for the song opens and the song starts playing :smile2:

I really appreciate the band how they wanted to interact with the audience and their fans, but it's just too risky that way, they should've realised it. Too bad :(

Currently listening to one of my favorite bands that I always associate with summer: Paradise Lost. It's sounding really good in the Finnish winter as well :)

Edited by frankie

Five Finger Death Punch are American. I know they do a lot for American troops and play shows in Afganistan for them.

Yeah I think they quickly realised it was getting out of control. Me and my friends were in the middle of the crowd and it was insane how many people kept crowd surfing, pushing people or trying to jump up ontop of people just to get onto the stage. They tried to tell people to stop coming forward and in exchanged Five Finger Death Punch could continue their set but people paid no attention. I was worried that someone was going to get dropped on me. Somehow I managed to survive that and the Lamb of God mosh pits just to get hurt by an idiot while HIM were playing - the band I was most desperate to see!

Listening to the radio right now and just got off the phone with the DJ. I told her how sad I was that I was stuck indoors because of the snow and that I wanted to hear some Bread.

She's playing 'Dismal Day' for me right now and gave a shout out to me on air :D. I know, exciting, but it's the little things! :giggle:

Listening to the radio right now and just got off the phone with the DJ. I told her how sad I was that I was stuck indoors because of the snow and that I wanted to hear some Bread.

She's playing 'Dismal Day' for me right now and gave a shout out to me on air :D. I know, exciting, but it's the little things! :giggle:

:D

The Black Keys, I am so ready for their new album :) I love all their stuff but I have heard two new songs from 'El Camino' and they are ace :)

I can't wait either, Weave!! Dan and Pat are just the best and I'm really looking forward to the new CD dropping next week. Does it come out for you guys in the UK too? Then hopefully I'll finally get to see them in concert!

I can't wait either, Weave!! Dan and Pat are just the best and I'm really looking forward to the new CD dropping next week. Does it come out for you guys in the UK too? Then hopefully I'll finally get to see them in concert!

Me too, its released the same day over here :) Hopefully you will see them in concert, I keep checking the concert list for you :)