What are you listening to? (part 3)

Maureen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of Us Is Gonna Die Young - The Ark.

The more I listen to this band the less I can't believe that they're not more well known, they just sound so unashamedly good and Ola Salo is such an excitingly fresh yet classical-rock inspired songwriter. He once said in a very clever interview that 'if listening to one of our songs makes you feel happy, you've got the message of the song' and I'm pleased to report that their songs do make me feel happy. Even the depressing ones.

Rise Against - Revolutions Per Minute (Album)

I've only just discovered the joys of Rise Against. I didn't know what I was missing. They are fantastic.

:lol: I'm just imagining you sitting there with the weirdest look on your face, Frankie!

I must admit that my friend put a Gaga track on my flashdrive last time we traded and I think it was 'Poker Face.' Not really my kind of thing, Frankie, sorry!

I'm enjoying my own music now since the noise has ended next door, which would be God and Satan by Biffy Clyro. I'm trying not to think of the fact that I missed seeing them live last weekend, otherwise I might have to grab a tissue :(.

I don't have anything against Lady Gaga per se (well maybe she could put on some pants sometimes when she goes out), but it's just not the kind of music I normally listen to so that's what weirding me out a bit, I definitely didn't think I'd enjoy her music. I've never enjoyed it when I've seen the music videos or heard the songs on MTV or wherever, but now that I put the album on and intently listened to it, it was surprisingly good :huh: Peace, thanks for your concern, I truly appreciate it :giggle2:

I'm now listening to Korn, to celebrate my recently bought ticket for their gig next June :smile2:

Oh man, Spotify is turning me into a weirdo... I was at the library, and this tune started playing in my head, but I couldn't recognise the song or the artist/band. All I had in my head was someone singing "what do you want from me", and it sounded like a female voice to me. I thought it might be the Lady Gaga listening but no. When I got home, I googled the line and it was Adam Lambert!!! Like wtf is happening to me :huh: I've never even googled him or anything, so I must've heard the add for his song on Spotify.

Soundtrack from the Kings Speech

Interesting, I might get hold of that actually; I adored the sound-track for Inception, though.

I'm currently just listening to my iPod on shuffle; a move that could get me a very diverse song list.

:lol: That made me LOL! I suppose one should be happy that they don't make sounds as well :giggle2:

Oh they would definitely have been left on the shelf in that case :lol: