Detective/Action novel

Hi, I'm new here but I was hoping someone could help me out.

So the other day I was looking around Dane Cooks comedy website when I saw a .pdf about something called "Thieves Fortune" (check it out if you want) and well after I read it I knew I had to find something like it because I wanted to read much more about these kinds of stories.

Well, in short it's about a man who puts his fortune on the line for a scavenger hunt of some sort. The competitors happen to be the nations biggest baddest criminals and the scavenger list can be anything that the man with the fortune thinks up. The first one to complete it wins. From the looks of it the competitors have to do many crazy things in order to complete the tasks. Such as assassination, travel far distances, and push their legal limits. By the end of the passage I read one of the competitors was considering about killing the man with the money and running off, but there were men surrounding the encampment so that wouldn't happen. I wouldn't like the rich man to be killed so easily, he must be intelligent and quick witted.

If you have any information about a book or story like this I would greatly appreciate your input. If your not sure if the book or story you are thinking of matches the criteria then simply put it down and some information about it. Thank you for all your help and ideas.

-Ryle

I've not heard of any books like this, although it sounds like it would make an excellent action movie! :D

I will be interested to see if anyone has heard of or read similar books, especially with all the elements you've described.