Castle

frankie

Is there anyone who's watching Castle? The TV-series about the crime author Rick Castle, and detective Kate Beckett, whom Castle follows to the crime scenes in order to do research for his crime novels?

This series aired last Wednesday here in Finland and I was really eager to watch it. I like crime TV and I like books and authors, so what's not to like :D The show was so good that BF and I've been watching it over the weekend, we're now on episode 8 or so.

Can't remember the name of the male lead but I remember him from the TV series Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place (or something like that). I didn't think much of him then, but he's really charming in this show :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The utterly wonderful Nathan Fillion, found as lead in the Joss Whedon series 'Firefly' and the film 'Serenity', although more recently he has appeared in 'Desperate Housewives'.

I caught a little bit of one recently, and hope to catch more. It looks like a series that will develop well. He is charming, and apparently is universally loved by his co stars on whatever programme or filmset that he attends. I may be a bit of a fan. :D

Yeah, a friend of mine downloaded these episodes from the internet and she liked it so much that she made me watch them all! And I loved them.:D I've only seen the first series, I hear there's a second one being aired on television in the US now, right? Excited to see the next episodes at least. :D

It's on Alibi at the mo. I've recorded a couple of episodes, but haven't got round to it yet. I will now though.:D

Snap.

I noticed an article in a magazine about it, so I recorded it but haven't watched any yet. :D

It's actually my favourite current show - I'm up to date with the USA airings, so Im' nearly at the end of season 2, and season 3 has definitely been confirmed, so I'm over the moon!

It's nice to see him finally getting to lead in a show that doesn't get cancelled part way through it's first season! (Firefly and Drive both got ditched early on, which is a real shame as they were both excellent!)

• 1 year later...

Just seen the last episode of season 3 I'm in shock. It's going to be a long wait until season 4.

We watched it last night too - I guessed who the first death would be (although I didn't guess of their involvement - hubby did, but didn't guess the death), but I was totally unprepared for that final shocker! I can barely contain myself waiting for season 4.

Incidentaly, did you see the plug for the new book at the star tof the episode - Deadly Storm? It's actually being made!!! it's a graphic novel and will be published in September this year - and yes, that IS the cover art they showed! How cool is THAT?!

^Yessss, have seen that, and recognized it for what it was. Space Cowboy. :) I thought, hey I know that costume. ;)

I have actually the dvd box for season 2, won it in a competition, woohoo.

Ahhhh, love Castle, we still have some episodes for season 3 to go here thankfully, just started on telly, sometimes being behind on the US is no bad thing.

We watched it last night too - I guessed who the first death would be (although I didn't guess of their involvement - hubby did, but didn't guess the death), but I was totally unprepared for that final shocker! I can barely contain myself waiting for season 4.

Incidentaly, did you see the plug for the new book at the star tof the episode - Deadly Storm? It's actually being made!!! it's a graphic novel and will be published in September this year - and yes, that IS the cover art they showed! How cool is THAT?!

I just finished watching the final episode of season 3 and am shocked too. By far one of the best TV series out there right now... but what a cliffhanger! I don't know whether to be sad or to be mad at the character who died and that final bit towards the end... UGH! Make season 4 come out faster!

Castle has been one of the best programmes in a while, a touch of humour, murder and someone nice to look at for a change

other than my husband I hastily put in

If you keep your eyes and ears open there are Firefly references scattered throughout Castle.

Yes, I remember Castle wearing blue latex gloves at one point too - a direct reference to the "two by two, hands of blue" from Firefly too. I have spotted other little references here and there, but the Space Cowboy and the blue hands were the two that stuck in my head.

ETA: Have just remembered there was a reference to a spa called Serenity too and his mother said something like "Haven't you ever heard of the Serenity?" and he did that look as if to say "is she serious?" - it was hilarious! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Someone has just posted on facebook that Channel 5 are showing this from the beginning - I guess from your comments it's worth trying? :)

Go for it, it just gets better and better. The end of the last season just left you stunned.