Spooks/Ghosts..?

Denise

I have for the last few hours being trying to sleep..:D The teen son has been awake & sitting at the computer which is in the room next to mine.Anyway...He comes in saying "Mum,was that you knocking on the door & closing it"? Of course it wasnt me I had told him.He then proceeds to tell me that he had the door nearly closed,had heard the knock and the door opened up wider..smiley-confused004.gif I did tell him I had thought it was him tapping his finger's on the desk and I was about to tell him to ''shut up"..:D

So for the last 15 mins we have been talking about maybe having a ghost here.Have you had any sort of experiences like this?

I said to my son "Maybe its your dear old friend Gemma playing games with you" ?

I've never had any personal expriences, Denise, but I have family and friends that have. There's most likely a rational explanation for what you heard, but you never know! :D I'm kind of skeptical, but would love to see something with my own eyes.

Denise, I think that is your sons friend trying to communicate with him. He is moving to the place where they lived before am I right?

Don't be frightened, they can't hurt you.

I have had a lot of these sorts of things happen to me and other colleagues. I suppose it happens a lot working at night in a hospital.

The most recent one was about two weeks ago, we had a priest come and give blessings to another priest who was dying. I went in the room after the first one left and I felt something touching me all over, very lightly. It was not frightening at all.

Then I went into the room of the lady next door who is completely sane. She knew nothing of this but said "I don't feel I am alone in this room" I said "Well I assure you that you are"

Edited by corina
oops, typos

There's most likely a rational explanation for what you heard, but you never know! :D I'm kind of skeptical, but would love to see something with my own eyes.

Yes,possibly there is Peacefield and Im a skeptic too.Just that there was no winds at all when this happened,it was dead still here.For all I know it may have been another slight earth tremor I couldnt feel that made the door do that?Yep,who knows though.

Son did remind me years ago he did see a 'ghost' on top of a canteen roof while I was doing my dog training.

Denise, I think that is your sons friend trying to communicate with him. He is moving to the place where they lived before am I right?

Don't be frightened, they can't hurt you.

Nah,Corina,you know me I aint no scaredy cat.I find all this stuff interesting tbh,its why I liked that 'Paranormal Activity' movie.Yep,this girl is from where we are moving too.Though she hasnt been laid to rest there though,if that makes any difference?

I am no expert, Denise, I have just read widely on the subject as well as having a few encounters plus a family that was quite involved in the Spiritual Church.

I don't think it matters where a persons earthly remains rest as spirit can manifest anywhere.

A lot of what I say is my own personal views too, so take it as you please :irked:

When my husband is out I quite often hear him coming in through the door and walking towards the living room, but he doesn't come in and when I go and look he isn't there. On talking to him about it, it turns out that it is usually about the time he leaves wherever he has been to come home. He was brought up in the mountains of Jamaica and is totally accepting of all sorts of phenomena, and says it is his spirit reaching home before him.

I was once in my house alone and washing my hair by leaning over the bath .. and something/someone pushed me in the back really hard. I could never ever come up with a reasonable explanation for it and at the time it frightened me to death .. because it wasn't just a soft tap or anything.

A friend told me never to buy an antique mirror or wardrobe .. and though my rational self says what a load of old hogwash, I've not bought one yet despite being tempted.

Oh yes the old possessed item of furniture tales :irked:

I'm gonna paste something I wrote somewhere else on the forum as it relates to this thread and would take me an age to write down again, if anyone cares have a blast haha.

I believe very strongly in the spiritual world and the presence of entities (once human and some never having been) which are not of our own 'dimension' for want of a better word. I research a lot in the area and wonder about the existence and implications and meaning of that part of life daily.

When I was a young child, me and my sister were visited several times (nightly I believe for a period) by my grandfather who had passed on a few years before and never had much of a chance to see us. He would open the cupboards above our beds a lot and my sister would talk to him for hours. I think I was too young to hold much of a conversation, but I would feel happy all the same. As children, we often see things without shackles which society binds to us.

I have lived in a haunted pub for a couple of years where the atmosphere was very odd and unstable for me personally. At the time, I had no idea it was haunted, it was only around five years ago when I actually asked my parents if there was anything strange about the place and it turned out that an old mill worker had perished in a fire on the property, as it used to be a mill. There was a building site surrounding the pub all the time I lived there, but being a kid and all, I thought nothing of the land's prior usage.

I think the poor woman was an active spirit and not embedded in the fabric of the building (what would be deemed a 'residual haunting'). Some of my toys, especially the cars, used to vanish inexplicably from mine and my brother's bedroom or the living room when no one had touched them overnight, once a yellow car turned up in a beer barrel in the basement There were various other items too like tv remotes appearing downstairs, the dogs bowl moving from one place to the other when the pub was empty, ashtrays moving to tables, things like that. Just subtle, but I think Mrs Timperly was letting us know she was about. The function room was FREEZING 24/7 and we never got an explanation from our parents for that. Me and my bro would play football with balloons in there every Sunday and I would definitely feel like I was being watched over when he went down to get a drink. It was a strange feeling, but not one of malice, but maybe sadness and lonely compassion.

I don't know, the area seemed extremely depressed and negative I always recall in these past few years, obviously as a child you don't really think about such things in depth, but I see that very clearly. I had a lot of nightmares there, every night more or less and there were places I didn't want to go in the pub (which was very small anyhow). I have always been sensitive to picking up on vibes and atmospheres, and I feel I picked up on her sadness a lot. The building stands derelict and abandoned to this day, it is very unfortunate.

My dad has seen two ghosts, now he is not remotely in tune or interested in strange aspects of life, but when I hear him recount the two occasions he has, then I know he's telling the truth. So many people have seen things and experienced weird events, sure, a lot of them can be passed off as tricks of the mind, reflections, smoke, distant lights etc etc but equally, a lot of them cannot. I believe we see more than we think even when we don't realize, but this fast-paced world fills so many with blindness that they do not understand or believe when this happens.

The world is a deep layered thing which holds many secrets and questions, a lot even beyond our comprehension.

• 1 month later...

Loved your stories Mountaingirl. I love spooky stories and I have a few of my own. I'll tell you the nicest one for now.

When I was 12 years old my cat Puss had to get put down because she had Cancer, she was 18 years old and had lived a good life. When she was a really small kitten my dad rescued her and three of her siblings from being drowned - unfortunately it was too late for her siblings but my mum and dad gave Puss a home. She was very playful and would get under my mum and dad's feet, one day my dad accidently stood on her paw. Puss was left with a claw that would retract properly. It never bothered her too much although she would occasionally get the claw caught on the carpet.

When Puss got put down, I was distraught. I'd known her all my life and suddenly there was no cat there to welcome me home from school and I was completely lost.

The night after she got put down, I woke up and saw my bedroom door slightly ajar. It was usually left that way so I wasn't too bothered. But then I heard a familiar noise. Puss's claw getting caught on the carpet. I thought I was dreaming and I didn't see anything. When I woke up the next morning, I saw the indent on my duvet as if Puss had jumped on my bed and had fallen asleep. I got a huge amount of comfort from that experience.

I got a huge amount of comfort from that experience.

really? I hear a lot of people say stuff like that, but for me, I def. Don't feel comforted. I think its because Its something I cannot see, control or understand, so it just makes me feel vulnerable and scared.

I think I got comfort from it because I was so upset about the loss of my cat to think she somehow came back to me helped. It wasn't in any way sinister and I felt happy that she came back one last time to sleep on my bed. Of course it could have easily been a dream or a figment of my imagination but to me it was real and it helped me.

I can understand how some experiences can be quite scary. I do have another story that freaked me out and to this day still freaks me out.

I don't know if I was awake or if it was dream but either way it was scary.

I was about 19/20 and I was lying in my bed (incidently the same bed as the cat story!) in the middle of the night - it was really dark and I woke up suddenly and sat up. I saw a hooded figure floating through the door on my left and pass the bottom of my bed and stand at the window on my right. Another two hooded figures floated in and they headed to the right of my bed. Another two hooded figures floated in and they headed to the left of my bed. The hooded figure at the window then moved to the bottom of my bed. I couldn't see their faces and they looked at bit like monks. I was ridged with fear - I couldn't scream or move. The next thing I knew it was morning.

Like I said, i don't know if I was actually awake or if it was a dream but it scared me completely. I hate anyone wearing hoods and I can't stand monks. I don't know why they surrounded my bed but it was definitely for no good reason. I felt anxious and unhappy.

Your post reminded me of a dream I once had - not at all the same but..

sorry I'm putting it here.

** This is a dream not a real experience **

Its funny cuz my dad and i were just talking about scary movies giving little kids bad dreams.. and I totally forgot about this until just now.

But have you seen Stephen Kings movie IT? I watched that when I was little and then I had a dream about being in a boat (that parts from a different movie) and my dad going missing and then opening a fridge and seeing someones head in the fridge!! at this point I think I woke up and swore I could hear the head moving across my bedroom carpet. I was so scared I couldn't yell for my mom or dad. I was up for so long just laying there waiting for the head to get to me! I don't think I've ever told anybody about that dream!