Looking for interesting books

Hi All

My first post so hope I am in right forum.

I am a fanatical reader, I can't be far from a good book, what is a good book? I suppose one you enjoy and cannot put down.

I have read lots of

Jeffrey Archer

Michael Connelly

Forsythe

Deaver

Rankin

Martina Cole

Patterson

and many others of a similar nature but a lot of them have a hero and become repetitive I think.

I have read lots of biographies but I must admit that I have been drawn to well known names like footballers and film stars but I find them too shallow and some have not had a life long enough to write about.

I have tried Bill Clinton and Nelson Mandela but I found them heavy going.

So I find myself wanting to read more interesting books, whether they be non fiction or biographies but I do not want anything "too heavy" and do prefer the "cannot put down" variety.

Any suggestions would be a help

George

My first thought is Into Thin Air by John Krakauer - Unputdowable :D

Princess by Jean Sasson. Bio of a member of Saudi royal family. Unbelievable - very very interesting

Edited by Readwine

Hello George, and welcome to the forum. :D

Karin Slaughter's Grant County (starting with 'Blindsighted') or Will Trent (starting with 'Triptych') series are grippingly good.

Val McDermid is a brilliant writer who has written a range of stand alones, and series books.

Sebastian Fitzek's 'Therapy' was a book that completely blew me away earlier this year, and I can thoroughly recommend it.

On the forum we have a '20 Books Everyone Should Read' thread, where members have listed their top 5 recommendations, and would be worth a look into. Aside from that I would just take a stroll around the forum, and see what other are raving about. :lol:

Hi Guys

Went to library and enquired about ALL the books suggested, the only one available in my library was Karin Slaughter.

One of my favorites is SHANTARIN BY GREGORY DAVID ROBERTS, It's 800 pages and a good read.

I have also copied the best 5 books read.