What are you eating just now?

Lilywhite

4 hours ago, Hayley said:

At least it was worth it in the end then :lol:

I had a bit of a rubbish morning, which included the sink being blocked, so decided to just order a burger king meal to eat at lunch... they forgot the burger. Really not my day so far!

Chips were still nice though, looking on the bright side.

That is funny. I never heard of a burger king sandwich without the burger. Guess it wasn't a whopper. :)

Reminds me when my wife once made tuna and noodle casserole and forgot to put in the tuna. :)

Tonight I am going to make a pot of chili and then put some of it in a casserole dish and top it with a home made cornbread mixture and bake it for 20 minutes.

Edited by muggle not

48 minutes ago, muggle not said:

Guess it wasn't a whopper. :)

:giggle2: the invisible whopper, maybe. 

49 minutes ago, muggle not said:

Reminds me when my wife once made tuna and noodle casserole and forgot to put in the tuna. :)

Honestly sounds like something I would do!

49 minutes ago, muggle not said:

onight I am going to make a pot of chili and then put some of it in a casserole dish and top it with a home made cornbread mixture and bake it for 20 minutes.

That sounds amazing. I've never tried cornbread but I always want it when I see it on American TV programmes. It looks so thick and soft! And I love a homemade chilli!

I had a lovely dinner to make up for my disaster lunch - my boyfriend cooked duck with soba noodles (it was more complicated than that, but they are the two ingredients I'm sure of!) and vegetable gyozas :).

On 19/02/2022 at 3:59 PM, Marie H said:

Eating home made custard creams, and drinking masala chaI tea.

Yum! I have never had a home made custard cream but I bed they're so much better than the packet ones!

I'm going to be eating Goan beef curry soon. It smells amazing and I can't wait :D

On 24/02/2022 at 6:10 PM, Hayley said:

Yum! I have never had a home made custard cream but I bed they're so much better than the packet ones!

They are lovely, very messy with crumbs everywhere! :D 

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2022 at 4:24 PM, Hayley said:

That sounds amazing. I've never tried cornbread but I always want it when I see it on American TV programmes. It looks so thick and soft! And I love a homemade chilli!

This is my Chili recipe and my Cornbread recipe. I bake the cornbread in a 8 inch cast iron skillet that I butter before putting in the Cornbread mixture. The habanero can be omitted in the Chili recipe.

i am having Chili and Cornbread for dinner tonight. The Cornbread is in the oven and about done. :)

Chili Recipe & Cormbread Recipe.jpg

Cornbread is done.

Cornbread.JPG

Edited by muggle not

Cornbread was very good but it was just a wee bit crumbly and I don't know why except I used a different cornmeal this time. I drizzled a little bit of honey on some of the leftover cornbread tonight and it was delicious. :)

Edited by muggle not

On 04/04/2022 at 9:35 PM, muggle not said:

This is my Chili recipe and my Cornbread recipe.

Thank you! I will definitely be making this, I'll let you know how it goes!

50 minutes ago, muggle not said:

I drizzled a littl bit of honey on some of the leftover cornbread tonight and it was delicious. :)

I love bread and honey so definitely copying this part too :lol:

59 minutes ago, Hayley said:

Thank you! I will definitely be making this, I'll let you know how it goes!

I love bread and honey so definitely copying this part too :lol:

My cornbread recipe is for regular cornmeal NOT the self rising kind.

On 4/8/2022 at 3:26 AM, poppy said:

Recipes look great, Muggle 😊 The times I've tried making cornbread, it's always turned out rather dry and not particularly appetising.  Is it finely ground cornmeal you use?

The cornmeal that I use is the consistency of regular flour. Cornbread is naturally a little bit dry when you make it but the flavor is pretty good especially when you eat it with meals like chili. Try drizzling just a little bit of honey on it and I'll bet you really like it. :) This time I used white cornmeal instead of yellow cornmeal but I prefer the yellow. The photo of the cornbread looks a little yellow on top but it is made from white cornmeal and is more whitish inside after cutting it. 

A thought: You didn't overbake it did you? :)

Edited by muggle not