• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

April Supporter Giveaway   04/01/2019

"If you look the right way you can see that the whole world is a garden."   In honour of spring, the April giveaway is a print of this wonderful quote from The Secret Garden (thanks, once again to www.thestorygift.co.uk) along with a Secret Garden tea (Victoria Sponge flavoured!) from the  Literary Tea Company! (You can find them both at their own website theliteraryteacompany.co.uk and at their etsy store www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LiteraryTeaCompany ).   As always, patreon supporters will be entered automatically and if you don't support but want to be included in this month's giveaway you can join the patreon here: www.patreon.com/bookclubforum A winner will be chosen at random on the last day of the month!
Lilywhite

What are you eating just now?

I always say there is a reason why most of that stuff is on sale - because it's rubbish that nobody wants! 

Oooh...grilled cheese sandwich...well, I know what I'm having for dinner! Grilled cheese, tomato soup, and a tall, cold glass of milk.

Cup of coffee, and a warmed mince pie (with Viennese whirl topping) - just heavenly :coffee1:

@Roderick99 I was sceptical about bubble tea until my sister got me to try it, it's such a weirdly nice texture! 

I just had beans on toast, one of my favourite simple things :D

I have never heard of beans on toast. Please give a little more info. :) Type of beans etc.

@muggle not I didn't realise beans on toast is a British thing! They're baked beans, in a tomato sauce (not like ketchup tomato sauce though, these are orange.)

I'm including a stock image because I think I'm just making them sound weird... 

beansontoast1.jpg

They're lovely with the crunchy toast. Chips and beans is also a personal favourite... as is sausage, mash and beans :lol:

Baked beans are delicious!  They are usually made with haricot beans.  I had some yesterday with a veggie burger-in-a-bun, chips, and steamed veg. 

I've just now had an amazing vegetable jambalaya, with brown rice, black beans, broccoli, tinned tomatoes, spices, and a heap of other veg all mixed in. 

7 hours ago, Hayley said:

@muggle not I didn't realise beans on toast is a British thing! They're baked beans, in a tomato sauce (not like ketchup tomato sauce though, these are orange.)

I'm including a stock image because I think I'm just making them sound weird... 

beansontoast1.jpg

They're lovely with the crunchy toast. Chips and beans is also a personal favourite... as is sausage, mash and beans :lol:

I love baked beans. Those on toast look delicious. For Easter my wife always makes home baked beans, potato salad (with lots of dill), and pickled eggs. We also have baked ham with the meal.

6 hours ago, Onion Budgie said:

Baked beans are delicious!  They are usually made with haricot beans.  I had some yesterday with a veggie burger-in-a-bun, chips, and steamed veg. 

I've just now had an amazing vegetable jambalaya, with brown rice, black beans, broccoli, tinned tomatoes, spices, and a heap of other veg all mixed in. 

The vegetable jambalaya sound wonderful. What you all call haricot beans we call Navy beans. :)

Edited by muggle not