What are you eating just now?

Lilywhite

• 1 month later...

Oooh...grilled cheese sandwich...well, I know what I'm having for dinner! Grilled cheese, tomato soup, and a tall, cold glass of milk.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@muggle not I didn't realise beans on toast is a British thing! They're baked beans, in a tomato sauce (not like ketchup tomato sauce though, these are orange.)

I'm including a stock image because I think I'm just making them sound weird... 

beansontoast1.jpg

They're lovely with the crunchy toast. Chips and beans is also a personal favourite... as is sausage, mash and beans :lol:

Baked beans are delicious!  They are usually made with haricot beans.  I had some yesterday with a veggie burger-in-a-bun, chips, and steamed veg. 

I've just now had an amazing vegetable jambalaya, with brown rice, black beans, broccoli, tinned tomatoes, spices, and a heap of other veg all mixed in. 

7 hours ago, Hayley said:

@muggle not I didn't realise beans on toast is a British thing! They're baked beans, in a tomato sauce (not like ketchup tomato sauce though, these are orange.)

I'm including a stock image because I think I'm just making them sound weird... 

beansontoast1.jpg

They're lovely with the crunchy toast. Chips and beans is also a personal favourite... as is sausage, mash and beans :lol:

I love baked beans. Those on toast look delicious. For Easter my wife always makes home baked beans, potato salad (with lots of dill), and pickled eggs. We also have baked ham with the meal.

6 hours ago, Onion Budgie said:

Baked beans are delicious!  They are usually made with haricot beans.  I had some yesterday with a veggie burger-in-a-bun, chips, and steamed veg. 

I've just now had an amazing vegetable jambalaya, with brown rice, black beans, broccoli, tinned tomatoes, spices, and a heap of other veg all mixed in. 

The vegetable jambalaya sound wonderful. What you all call haricot beans we call Navy beans. :)

Edited by muggle not

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Lord alive, I've died and gone to breakfast food heaven!

Just popped in M&S on my way into work and have found they are doing Full English Breakfasts in a box!  2 minutes in the microwave and you have bacon, a poached egg, a sausage, tomato and beans.

Wonderful!

I can see this becoming a bad habit...