What are you eating just now?

Lilywhite

Had the best meal tonight. We all ordered different things and then tried a bit of it all. We had smoked brisket, lamb chops, barbecue ribs, creamed corn au gratin, watermelon salad, collard greens, grilled asparagus, chicken livers, fried green tomatoes, cornbread, biscuits, fried pickles, coconut creme pie with a meringue crust, pecan pie, cocktails and beer samplers. It was all so very good, and we didn't even come close to eating it all.

The restaurant had a huge verandah overlooking an old cemetery, and the weather was really perfect. It was such a great celebration!

Had the best meal tonight. We all ordered different things and then tried a bit of it all. We had smoked brisket, lamb chops, barbecue ribs, creamed corn au gratin, watermelon salad, collard greens, grilled asparagus, chicken livers, fried green tomatoes, cornbread, biscuits, fried pickles, coconut creme pie with a meringue crust, pecan pie, cocktails and beer samplers. It was all so very good, and we didn't even come close to eating it all.

The restaurant had a huge verandah overlooking an old cemetery, and the weather was really perfect. It was such a great celebration!

I've always wanted to try fried green tomatoes!

They were so tasty, but the chicken liver appetizer -- although it doesn't sound like it would be -- was hands down the group favorite. It was our exchange student's last dinner in the States, so we tried to order very Southern food for her.

I keep meaning to ask where your exchange student was from! It sounds like fun!

I'm ready for tacos and enchiladas :)

She's from South Korea. It was so much fun -- she was a great girl!

Mexican sounds tasty. We stopped at a little corner restaurant in a small town on the way home and had some surprisingly fantastic food. I'm stuffed from all the restaurant eating the past two days, so no dinner for me tonight.

They were so tasty, but the chicken liver appetizer -- although it doesn't sound like it would be -- was hands down the group favorite. It was our exchange student's last dinner in the States, so we tried to order very Southern food for her.

Oh, God, I love chicken liver!  Haven't had it in years.....my Mother could do it beautifully, but I've always been leery of trying. :)

Oh wow! Off topic: did she say anything about the North?

On topic: I had so much breakfast the otherday, I skipped eating the next day :P

LOL!  It happens! :D

Just finished my morning Weetabix biscuit with cream cheese and tea.  I'm stalking a Milky Way.......atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished a Summer Berry Compote with Greek style natural yogurt which I picked up this morning on my way into work.

So lovely and light for this time of the morning.