Grand National 2010

Coffin Nail

Is anyone having a punt on the Grand National tomorrow?

It's the only day in the year I bet on anything. After much foul language and shouting at the tv, I rarely win.

Will I be on my own tomorrow, hurling foul, post watershed language at the tv, feeling guilty that I am contributing to the ongoing slaughter of horses heading to the glue factory, for nothing more that entertainment and cash??

I haven't picked my three yet.....will wear my lucky pants tomorrow before I choose.

And they're off.....

I back three horses every year. This year I've picked:

Eric's Charm (well, I'm a True Blood fan - I had to!)

Big Fella Thanks (because I always pick one with a daft name)

Comply Or Die (I've backed him before)

And because we call Xan a Tricky Trickster when he's trying to fool us, he's getting a little flutter put on the horse of the same name.

Dale has picked:

Hello Bud

Erics Charm

Flintoff

We always end up with an overlap of one horse, even though we don't confer when we're choosing our horses - strange. A few years back be picked the first 5 horses between us and the bookie we'd used paid out on first five so we did quite well as we always bet each way on our picks. I'm hoping we manage to repeat that feat this year - the cash would certainly be handy.

For the record, we only put a couple of quid on - my bet came to a total of

Sorry, but I hated that - those poor horses! :(

It's like a race to their deaths, it's disgusting. Trying to avoid watching it by watching ITV and they show footage of a horse falling on it's head snapping its neck in half

People laughing at the madness at the start annoys me to, like when a horse doesnt move off the start line, it's because they are scared not because they think it's funny and cute

Just watching the replays and all horses and jockeys are fine. I'm glad because it looked like a nasty fall.

I picked Niche Market, Comply or Die and Big Fella Thanks. Annoyingly I was dithering between Comply or Die and Black Apalachi.

So I got 4th and 12th. :(

Well, we managed to pick 4th and 5th between us, so a small pay-out. Xan's horse finished 9th, so no extra pennies for his bank account this year.

Ned - congrats on your big win!

Coffin Nail - congrats on getting 1st.

Of course, I'm going to have to come round and mug you both for your winnings now - LOL!

I spent my winnings before he race was run.

I had a guilt free trip to the garden centre. You can mug me for some seedlings if you want Kell.:(

Ooh, yes please! I just won a window planter, so I'll deffo mug you for plants. I'm planning on some veg - you didn't get any by any chance, did you?

Ooh, yes please! I just won a window planter, so I'll deffo mug you for plants. I'm planning on some veg - you didn't get any by any chance, did you?

At the mo; tomatoes, aubergines, chillis, carrots, salad, herbs, spring onions, strawberries, beetroot and garlic chives.

If a things worth doing.........:(