Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to panic, I have no idea which book/s to pack for the Easter hols :lurker:

Well once surely must be The Crimson Petal and White....

I think I'm going to listen to The Wizard of Oz today while I sew :yahoo:

I'm beginning to panic, I have no idea which book/s to pack for the Easter hols :lurker:

Close your eyes and point. Either that or eeny, meeny, miny, mo.:exc:

I read some more of Sophie's World and I'm even more confused.:yahoo:

I've been reading The Old Curiosity Shop for three weeks so far. My partner has had time off work and I'm very busy at my work so it is taking a while for me to get through but I am thoroughly enjoying it :lurker:

Cookie - Sophie's World is really good but I'd disagree with those who say it's an introduction to philosophy; I was given it years ago and couldn't get past the first few chapters; I read it again at the end of half of a Philosophy degree and only then I got (most) of it. I'd hang onto it as it's worth reading, but may I suggest trying Lucy Eyre's If Minds Had Toes beforehand? It's a short, snappy, funny novel about philosophy that's 100% more accessible to than Sophie's World so it'd be a brilliant stepping stone (I know 'cos I've analysed them side by side in a narratology essay) :lurker: hope this helps.

Oh it's great so far, very unique manner of writing and easily readable and the content is interesting too.

The Book Thief is superb! That is all.

Just finished Crown of Shadows by Celia Friedman, completing the Coldfire Trilogy. Mmmm. Satisfying. Now to decide what to read next! Yay. Oh I might just read Empire magazine first. And then decide! Yay.

After picking up and discarding many books when they didn't feel right I have settled on Moondust by Andrew Smith for my next book. Yup.

I'm having a bit of fantasy world withdrawal after finishing the Coldfire Trilogy. Damn the real world for not being magical.

I'd totally be pagan. Then you can be all like, 'I don't do good and evil *shrug*' and get away with annnnnything.

Is a politician the same as being a pagan then Nollaig? They get away with anything too. :lol:

I bought yet another book on the way to work again today.

It is called Duel by James Lansdale. It is the true historical story of the last fatal duel in Scotland. Bit of a boy book I suppose. Looked interesting.

Is a politician the same as being a pagan then Nollaig? They get away with anything too. :lol:

Might as well be.

I need to decide what books to take home with me this weekend... I'm tempted to bring the four I WANT to read, but I know I'm not going to read them all, so there's no point. I'm thinking The Lone Ranger & Tonto Fistfight In Heaven and my new biography of Dracula.

I need to decide what books to take home with me this weekend... I'm tempted to bring the four I WANT to read, but I know I'm not going to read them all, so there's no point. I'm thinking The Lone Ranger & Tonto Fistfight In Heaven and my new biography of Dracula.

Is that the Vlad book? Thought you had already read that?

Is that the Vlad book? Thought you had already read that?

My copy of 'Dracula: Prince Of Many Faces' by Radu Florescu and Raymond McNally arrived at last yipee!!

.....and my new biography of Dracula.

Vlad, by C. C. Humphreys is historical fiction. Dracula: Prince Of Many Faces by Florescu and McNally is a heavily researched biography, and one of the main books used by Humphreys in writing his novel.