Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

Read a couple chapters of 'How Karl Rove Made George W Bush Presidential'.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have hardly done any reading this week :lol: Doing more hours at work, having migraines (three different types on three different days!), and worrying a bit about my mum going in on Monday to have her gall bladder out have all meant my concentration has been pretty poor. I do hope to finish Wicked tonight or tomorrow though. :lol:

I have had a successfull visit to the library today and have got

Echo Park - Michael Connelly (my first tryof this author)

Witchcraft - Jayne Anne Krentz (my fluffy read for the week)

Princeps Fury - Jim Butcher (the final part of the series)

Unknown - Mari Jungstedt (a new one on me)

The Sleepwalkers Introduction to Flight - sion Scott-Wilson ( I was attracted to the synopsis on the back)

Pelagia & The White Bulldog - Boris Akunin ( I have really enjoyed his Erast Petrovitch and hope his is as good)

so thats me sorted for the week, I hope they are all good :lol:

Finished The Sixth Lamentation by William Brodrick this morning,and starting The Last Ride by Thomas Eidson after lunch.

Have started reading The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble for my book group, but I don't like the style of the first person narrative at the moment, so I'm finding it hard going. Also started The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton as a lighter interlude between sessions on The Red Queen.

Bookshop and library beckoned this weekend, so have bought:

Burned by P.C. and Kristin Cast

What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell

and borrowed:

The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton

Airhead by Meg Cabot

Being Nikki by Meg Cabot

Finished We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson ... great read, really unusual and chilling.

Started The Way Things Look to Me by Roopa Farooki, it's on the Orange longlist so hopefully it will be a good read. I'm still thinking about the characters in Shirley Jackson's book though and finding it difficult to shake them out of my head.

Despite a break of a few weeks from it, I am ploughing my way through 'The Neighbour' by Lisa Gardner. I have hated having to break from it today to do stoopid things, such as walk the dog, go to loo and eat!

I've finally decided to stop reading The Red Queen by Margaret Drabble. Too irritating by half. One of my book group reads for this month, but after 200 pages, can stand no more. Will try the other book instead.

I have hardly done any reading this week :D Doing more hours at work, having migraines (three different types on three different days!), and worrying a bit about my mum going in on Monday to have her gall bladder out have all meant my concentration has been pretty poor. I do hope to finish Wicked tonight or tomorrow though. :lol:

Hope you're feeling better Ooshie and hope your Mum will soon be feeling better after her operation tomorrow :lol:

I'm having a bit of trouble getting into Wicked, so I've read all of 20 pages in about 3 days. But I don't think it's the book so much as my mood. Still, I might pick up another book to read alongside it if my reading continues at this slow pace.