Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

I have just finished Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. I loved it - top marks from me. I read it in under a day and thought it was fabulous

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was good brought a whole load of things together and left space for more, I still think the first few were the best though!

Oh same here! I'll definately be adding this to my next book order. Have you read the first of the angel series Covet? It's not as good as the BDB books, but still worth a read :D

Today I read a couple of pages of Eyes Like Stars on the bus (must... finish... in view of the sequel's imminent release!), and skim-read Elizabeth Smart's I Sat Down at Grand Central Station and Wept, or something to that effect, in work. I thought it was great in places but not so great in others; I just wish she'd gone all out with the literary references and cut down on the mundanity, because if she'd done so we would have had a shorter but in my opinion much tighter, coherent, gripping work.

Oh same here! I'll definately be adding this to my next book order. Have you read the first of the angel series Covet? It's not as good as the BDB books, but still worth a read :irked:

I have and agree thats its not as good but still ok I have the new one in the basket on amazon but have yet to push the button..:D

Finished Industrial Magic today! I also stopped by Barnes & Noble earlier this morning and picked up a gift certificate and tote for my mom for Mother's Day on Sunday. Picked up '1 Stock, 100 Soups' recipe book for me too! It's been so chilly and rainy here lately I'm in the mood for soup :D.

I also stopped by Barnes & Noble earlier this morning and picked up a gift certificate and tote for my mom for Mother's Day on Sunday.

WOW! panic stations for a moment there :D then i realised it's diferent dates in UK and US :irked:

WOW! panic stations for a moment there :irked: then i realised it's diferent dates in UK and US :roll:

LOL Yes! In fact, wasn't it last month for you guys? Mother's Day is a bit early this year here. So many times in the past we'd be up at the cabin because of opening fishing weekend, and that always falls on the 3rd weekend of May. My mom loved being up north in the woods that weekend :D. Smelly fisher-people and traffic jams was her favorite, LOL.

I decided to start The House at Midnight by Lucie Whitehouse later tonight. All this rain is making me in the mood for creepy English houses on moors...

I started and finished Shel Silverstein's A Light in the Attic. Wonderful poetry. :lol: I also read a couple of Edgar Allan Poe's short stories last night.

Managed about half of The Last Child by John Hart last night, reading till I couldn't prop my eyes open anymore, about 2:30 a.m. Worth it. Well done.

And bought another by John Hart, Down River and The Lay of the Land by Richard Ford.

I started and finished Shel Silverstein's A Light in the Attic. Wonderful poetry. :lol: I also read a couple of Edgar Allan Poe's short stories last night.

I'm so glad you enjoyed Light in the Attic, Kylie! Shel is excellent - I wonder if he's still out there writing?!

My friend brought me Water for Elephants tonight so I'm excited to read that one soon. Need to see what all the fuss is about! I was also given The Crimson Pedal and the White and a random vampire book that I can't remember the title of at the moment...

My friend brought me Water for Elephants tonight so I'm excited to read that one soon. Need to see what all the fuss is about! I was also given The Crimson Pedal and the White and a random vampire book that I can't remember the title of at the moment...

Plus you also need to read the book before you can go and see The Neck in action :lol: :lol: Oooh The Crimson Petal and the White! The Rory Gilmore bunch of us are reading the book at the moment (some of us have finished it already, not me unfortunately!), you fancy joining our little group? :D

I have just been to the library. I took out Stardust by Neil Gaimon, yay! Going to read more of Q & A today though - about halfway through I think

Plus you also need to read the book before you can go and see The Neck in action :D:lol: Oooh The Crimson Petal and the White! The Rory Gilmore bunch of us are reading the book at the moment (some of us have finished it already, not me unfortunately!), you fancy joining our little group? :)

True! Thankfully they haven't yet started filming Water for Elephants so I have plenty of time, but I'm going to enjoy picturing The Neck as the main character when I do start reading it ;). How are you finding Crimson Pedal, Frankie? It's quite a large book, and I started reading The House at Midnight last night and am really getting into it so I think I'll save Crimson Pedal for later :lol:. I might still join the group though just so I can say I'm in with you cool peeps!

I read about 20 percent of The Silver Swan by Benjamin Black last night. I enjoyed Black's previous Quirke mystery, Christine Falls, but so far Swan seems like the same novel, slightly altered.

My main book is a non fiction book at the moment about the English middle classes. Sounds dull but it is interesting. However I am switching to Lyonesse 2: the green pearl when I need a break.

Bought two books on the way to work, one of them is Frankenstein by Ms. Shelley

I've been in a reading drought for the last 4 months, having time to read only "required" books. Now I feel like I've been thrown in an ocean of books and I dont know where to start! I've actually started two books, one by Simon Tolkien called "The Inheritance" and the other is from the "Evans" series, titled "Evan's Above". Its a mystery set in the Welsh country with people being flong off the mountains and such!