Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chrissy! I like Danielle Steel, Tilly Bagshaw, Jackie Collins and more recently Debbie Macomber. I do like chick lit but as long as it has a good story with characters I can relate with! and you....

Hi Chrissy! I like Danielle Steel, Tilly Bagshaw, Jackie Collins and more recently Debbie Macomber. I do like chick lit but as long as it has a good story with characters I can relate with! and you....

Crime or quirky usually, although this place has definitely sent me off into different genres. My wishlists and To Be Read pile(s) are huge now! :)

We have a sub section dedicated to Women's Fiction / Chick Lit. here, you may enjoy having a good rummage through there. ;)

I have taken on extra hours at work for the next few weeks, so I'm not getting half as much reading done as usual. :) Just as well I'm not still trying to get through Crimson Petal or The Stand! ;)

Up to page 150 in Wicked, and hoping to get a few more pages read before I go to sleep. :tong:

I'm half way through Q and A now, I like it but it doesn't have that unputdownable quality.

I think I am going to give up on Labyrinth by Kate Mosse.

I also ordered 3 new books today. A beginners crochet one, the new House of Night - Burned, and the 4th Merry Gentry book. I'm a happy shopper:mrgreen:

I also received Ash - Malinda Lo in the post.

I'm about two thirds of the way through Shiver now, and I've just reserved the following books at the library:

Airhead - Meg Cabot

Being Nikki - Meg Cabot

The Laughing Corpse - Laurell K. Hamilton

Need - Carrie Jones

Burned - P. C. and Kristin Cast

Wicked - Gregory Maguire

I am going to start The Reckoning when I get home from work, I am now tring to decide whether to go to proceed to checkout on Amazon to get The God of the Hive by Laurie R King???? decisions decisions:mrgreen:

I am going to start The Reckoning when I get home from work, I am now tring to decide whether to go to proceed to checkout on Amazon to get The God of the Hive by Laurie R King???? decisions decisions:mrgreen:

You know you want to :D

I am still reading 'The Reformed Vampire Support Group' by Catherine Jinks and I just ordered 'Monsters of Men' by Patrick Ness :D

I've finished reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. I loved it! I've read the story of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn so many times but it was really refreshing to read about it through the eyes of Cromwell. I'm overjoyed to hear that the author will be writing a sequel.

I read the first three chapters of The Wild Things by David Eggars this morning.

Let me know how you get on with this book, I have it on my wish list.:D

Will do Cookie :lol:

The Apple by Michel Faber arrived in the post this morning and I couldn't help but dive in, the foreward gave me goosebumps near the end :lol:

Read more of Perdido Street Station by China Mieville last night and this morning too and its great so far, very vivid and imaginative. :D

^ chrysalis_stage, I'm really looking forward to The Apple, but have to finish Wicked and read Q&A before I can allow myself to start on it! Your comment on the foreward is making me even more keen to get to it. :D

I've just been to the library and took out:

Wicked by Gregory Maguire

Q & A by Vikas Swarup

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks