Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Meltdown-Ben Elton last night and started the next one off the library pile I brought home, Killing the Shadows-Val Mcdermid.

Killing the Shadows sounds like fun....sadly, no mention of Cliff.:lurker:

Got these today in the mail:

Markus Zusak: I Am the Messenger

Markus Zusak: Getting the Girl

Also bought these from the library sale, 20 cents each. A bargain!

Haruki Murakami: A Wild Sheep Chase

Doris Lessing: The Good Terrorist

Ernest Hemingway: The Garden of Eden

Tommy Tabermann: Naaras

I can't get into In Cold Blood at the moment, I think I will leave it for later and start something completely different. It's not that the book is bad or anything, it just doesn't fit my mood :lurker:

A few chapters into 'A Long, Long Time Ago and Essentially True' by Brigid Pasulka and really enjoying it. It is peppered with Polish words rather like 'The Book Thief' is peppered with German words and for the most part you can tell what they are from the text (or in some cases like 'The Book Thief' the Polish word or expression is followed by the English translation).

I read some of the Night Watch today!

That's under my bed in my TBR pile.

I didn't do any reading today :lurker: but I had some more books from Amazon I am looking forward to:

If Chins Could Kill (autobiography) and

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. This looks hilarious.

Read around 100 pages of under the eagle today, only got about 130 left would have finished it if I hadnt fallen asleep 5 hours ago:motz:. Why do I get so excited when i'm nearing the end of a book if I like the story?

Dunno but I suspect we are all the same. And when you finish it and close the book you think back to the story and you are in the warm after glow....maybe books are like sex really? :lurker:

My reading mojo is somewhat lacking, so I am reading 'The Vampire Diaries ~ The Awakening', its a nice easy read and very different from the show :lurker:

Excellent, Weave! I was wondering if you had read these yet :lurker:. I agree about how different the books are (and pssttt I like the show better :yahoo:).

What I have read so far has been okay but I like the show better too :exc:

What I have read so far has been okay but I like the show better too :yahoo:

See? We're on the same page :lurker:. I've only read the first two books so far so I'm curious to see how the others are.

I wonder if anyone has ever considered turning the Armstrong books into TV? Now that would be fun!

See? We're on the same page :lurker:. I've only read the first two books so far so I'm curious to see how the others are.

I wonder if anyone has ever considered turning the Armstrong books into TV? Now that would be fun!

I read somewhere that 'Bitten' was being made into a film :exc: but a series would be cool too :yahoo:

After a serious reading drought, picking up the Sookie books was a wise way to go, and I'm now half way through Living Dead In Dallas, I really love this series :yahoo: And Dead And Gone came in the post today, so it's nice to refresh my memory before reading that and the new one that's released soon! I also got Vikas Swarup - Slumdog Millionaire/Q&A and Rachel Vincent - Stray (this sounded a bit like the Women Of The Otherworld series, so thought I'd give it a shot), along with Kishwar Desai - Witness The Night, which is a review book, looks really good though :lurker:

After a serious reading drought, picking up the Sookie books was a wise way to go, and I'm now half way through Living Dead In Dallas, I really love this series :yahoo: And Dead And Gone came in the post today, so it's nice to refresh my memory before reading that and the new one that's released soon! I also got Vikas Swarup - Slumdog Millionaire/Q&A and Rachel Vincent - Stray (this sounded a bit like the Women Of The Otherworld series, so thought I'd give it a shot), along with Kishwar Desai - Witness The Night, which is a review book, looks really good though :lurker:

Happy reading hen! :exc::friends3: