Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky today in the mail, finally! :D

Yay! That's an awesome book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

I'm over halfway through Much Obliged, Jeeves.

I haven't read for a week or two, but I think it's because my son has been visiting rather than a return of a lost mojo situation. He heads off today (my son, not my mojo), so I'll soon find out for sure. :D

Yay! That's an awesome book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :lol:

I'm over halfway through Much Obliged, Jeeves.

I hope so too :D Although for some reason I do believe that I'll be enjoying this one enormously!

I haven't read for a week or two, but I think it's because my son has been visiting rather than a return of a lost mojo situation. He heads off today (my son, not my mojo), so I'll soon find out for sure. :D

What is the book of your choice this time, Chrissy? :)

I read more of TCPatW. I'm starting to have feelings for the characters which is quite nice :lol: I'm about 300 pages into the book at the moment.

Hello lauraloves and welcome to the forum.:D

Ah, those Harry Potter books are definitely worthy of the occasional re read. Do you find you get more out of them on a re read, or do you find them the same as the first reading?

I went to the library and left my read copy of Full Moon by P. G. Wodehouse in the free book trolley, and picked up Eric Knight's Lassie Come-Home in return :) Also borrowed Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down. I was utterly surprised and disappointed that there's no copy of The Polysyllabic Spree in the library :D

Aw, that's a shame Frankie. Can they order it in for you?

I finished Much Obliged, Jeeves by PG Wodehouse and adored it, as I do all his works. :D

Next up is Wicked by Gregory Maguire.

Finished The Professor by Charlotte Bronte. Verdict: not as good as her other works, but then this could sort of be regarded as a practice run for her later novel Vilette. Less feeling and felt a bit more forced, but still all the style, dignity and brilliance of a Bronte.

Started Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Quite excited about this one!

Finished Brideshead Revisited yesterday and started Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides .. absolutely loving it, I'm gripped.

I'm glad you're enjoying Middlesex, it's a really excellent novel! :D

Aw, that's a shame Frankie. Can they order it in for you?

I finished Much Obliged, Jeeves by PG Wodehouse and adored it, as I do all his works. :lol:

That's a great idea Kylie, why didn't I think of that?? I was already checking out play.com and some other online bookstores but the prices were kinda high for that one. I'll ask the library if they'll get it.

All the copies of Wicked were borrowed when I was at the library so I didn't get it yet.

Finished The Professor by Charlotte Bronte. Verdict: not as good as her other works, but then this could sort of be regarded as a practice run for her later novel Vilette. Less feeling and felt a bit more forced, but still all the style, dignity and brilliance of a Bronte.

Thanks for you thoughs on The Professor, I think that's on my TBR or wishlist at least. I hope you enjoy Frankenstein! :)

I'm going to spend the rest of the day reading TCPatW.

Finished Watchman by Ian Rankin last night and have started In Love With a Mad Dog by Jackie Robinson. It is an account of UDA C Company leader Johnny Adiars' involvement in the troubles by one of his mistresses

Frankenstein is one of my favouritest books ever Nienna, I so hope you like it :D it's not the easiest book in the world but it amply rewards those willing to dedicate it time, I feel.

Kylie - happy Wickeding :) man I loved that book.

Hope you enjoy Frankenstein Nienna :D I loved it when I read it.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day reading TCPatW.

Lucky thing! :)

I'm reading more of Perdido Street Station, tis a very enjoyable read!

Yay! :D Its pretty good so far. I think you'll enjoy this one.

Read some more Wicked last night before falling asleep. Hopefully do some more reading on my breaks at work.

Hearing a lot 'bout this Wicked but I got to get my TBR pile down to 10 (riding double that at the mo) . Not read for 2 days but have cracked the 2/3 mark of Lyonesse today. I had forgotten most of the story, it has been 20 years since reading it initially. Received The Forgotten Soldier through the post an hour ago.

Read about 30 pages of Northanger Abbey :)

One of the better Austen's, although I'm not a great fan of hers generally. I do like the Gothic vibe! Enjoy! :D

Well, I gave up on The Secret Scripture. Life is just too short.

I've read the first few pages of The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova and am instantly gripped.

Enjoy the Historian Muggle, I loved it.. Interesting to see you gave up on the Secret Scripture, what was wrong with it? I wondered as I have it on my tbr list.

I'm reading Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear at the moment. I've been after a copy for a while and found a brand spanking new copy in the Oxfam bookshop for

I skim-read Club Dead by Charlaine Harris this morning :lol:

I skim-read Dead to the World last night :lol: I bet I can guess your key words (or should I say word! :))

I've no idea what to pick up next. I bought a book about neo-liberalism last week which is tempting me but I think my brain will literally pack up and leave if I expose it to more academic reading.

Think I might read the next Anne Rice Vampire Chronicle on my list. I've no idea what it is or if I own it yet :D

Still reading Rebecca. Just got to the end of chapter 19 and OH MY GOD, I never saw that coming :lol:

Chesil! Don't do that! :D I now need to order that book immediately. I've managed to resist for so long - and then I saw your post :):lol::D