Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankie, we in the US use the word booty also for a present or money. Haven't you ever heard of the Pirate's Booty snacks? :D

I read quite a bit in bed last night from Industrial Magic, falling asleep with my book open and the light on, oops!

Frankie, we in the US use the word booty also for a present or money. Haven't you ever heard of the Pirate's Booty snacks? :D

What? Really?? How can I have missed that! I thought I was such an expert :D;) I stand corrected! And no, I haven't ever heard of the Pirate's Booty snacks. They still sound naughty to me :D *is trying to get her mind off the gutter*

I've always known the word "booty" as loot or ill-gotten gains. I know "booty call" means something else in popular culture though.

Well my book activity today was minimal. The Spring Fair in our town had no proper bookstall but a couple of charity stalls had a few books. I got two for 20p each. One is a collection of folk tales from all over the world. I will see if there is one from Finland Frankie! Anybody interested let me know your country and I will see what story there is....

I've always known the word "booty" as loot or ill-gotten gains. I know "booty call" means something else in popular culture though.

Another use for the word 'booty'! Soon I'll be able to write a whole dictionary about just that one word....

Well my book activity today was minimal. The Spring Fair in our town had no proper bookstall but a couple of charity stalls had a few books. I got two for 20p each. One is a collection of folk tales from all over the world. I will see if there is one from Finland Frankie! Anybody interested let me know your country and I will see what story there is....

I wonder if there's a story about Lalli murdering Bishop Henrik in K

I've lost my reading mojo as I think my brain is on strike following a few heavy months of uni work.

However, Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse books manage to restore my mojo everytime so I'm going to delve into one before bed. Not sure which one yet :D

I've lost my reading mojo as I think my brain is on strike following a few heavy months of uni work.

However, Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse books manage to restore my mojo everytime so I'm going to delve into one before bed. Not sure which one yet ;)

Aww poor Nicola without mojo, we cannot have that! Good ole Charlaine Harris! Isn't she coming up with a new Sookie book in May, or am I wrong?

BTW, how many times have you read the books by now :D

I read more of TCPatW last night in bed (almost sprained my wrists!), am going to be travelling back to Joensuu today so will have 2,5 hours to read the book :D

I got two books in the mail today:

L Frank Baum: The Wizard of Oz (Puffin edition)

Jerome K Jerome: Three Men in a Boat & Three Men on a Bummel (I've read the first part but wanted both in one book, and this Wordsworth edition is illustrated as well.) :D

I've now finished all my uni work so should be able to actually read a book now :D I still haven't finished Cell by Stephen King and I'm halfway through Interview With A Vampire by Anne Rice. Hopefully I'll get these finished soon (considering I didn't read a single book in April...stupid work :D)

Had to do some re-reading yesterday and today as I have no new books, my trip to the library was aborted on Saturday as I was accompanied by an over excited 3 year old, and couldn't chose anything :D might have to go on Amazon and spend some money.

I got two books in the mail today:

L Frank Baum: The Wizard of Oz (Puffin edition)

I whole heartedly approve!!! :D

I am a little ways into Wicked and still enjoying it. Got about 20 minutes in last night before face planting in the book and waking up with my nose in the crease. :) Hopefully I'll be able to read more today before zonking out.

I've been reading Q & A by Vikas Swarup today. I also got given Life Issues by Wendy Virgo and I'm borrowing The Reason for God by Tim Keller

I finished reading The Wild Things and was slightly disappointed. It wasn't amazing.

I started reading The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry and I'm finding it quite slow at the moment. I'm going to keep plodding along with it though.

I also got The Historian out of the library :)

:D

Finished Middlesex

I started reading The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry and I'm finding it quite slow at the moment. I'm going to keep plodding along with it though.

I remember I found this slow to start too but I really enjoyed it by the end.

I'm reading Before the Storm by Diane Chamberlain and finding it practically unputdownable. It's the second of her books that I have read (the other being The Lost Daughter) and I find she writes a fantastic story.

:D

I read this fairly recently and really enjoyed it once I got into it, hope you do the same. :)

I visited the library today, now I've got a big pile of books to read, yay. Out of those I just started reading Sexus by Henry Miller. I also read some chapters of a non-fiction book about music biz, yet again.