Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got through Silent Scream by Lynda La Plante and it was a bit of a trudge.

The next off the pile is After the Quake--Haruki Murakami. He seems to be a firm fave on the board and as I'd never read anything else by him I thought I'd give it a go.

I've been to the bookfair. :tong: It goes for three days but we just went for the first two. Almost all of the books had been put out by then, so I'm happy that I've seen everything. It's totally exhausting being on your feet for two days though. :lol: I got a good haul and also managed to restrain myself a bit.

I bought about 70 books; of those, at least half a dozen were replacement copies of editions I already own (ones that are too shabby or don't match other editions), one is for my brother and there are maybe 6-10 non-fiction books that won't be added to my TBR pile. I'll post a complete listing on my reading blog later.

Unfortunately I haven't had any time read in the last couple of days.

wow Kylie .. I thought I had bought a lot of books lately!

Look forward to seeing your list :D

I finished As A Man Grows Older by Italo Svevo last night, still in the clutches of its power, a story no doubt to haunt me the rest of my days.

I'm thinking of downloading Benjamin Black's (John Banville) The Silver Swan. The second of his Quirke mysteries, I loved Christine Falls, his first.

I bought about 70 books; of those, at least half a dozen were replacement copies of editions I already own (ones that are too shabby or don't match other editions), one is for my brother and there are maybe 6-10 non-fiction books that won't be added to my TBR pile. I'll post a complete listing on my reading blog later.

What a great haul! Hope you had a great time :tong:

Oh I didn't know there was a sequel. What's it called?

The closed circle.

It's not a sequel per se though, it's about the same characters in the 1990's :lol: Didn't know what to call it so I chose sequel :tong: Anyway, hope you're enjoying The rotter's club.

Read a few chapters of "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and finished "Undead and unappreciated" by Mary Janice Davidson.

Oh, and I ordered a couple of new books:

-Mistborn. The final empire/Brandon Sanderson

-Lori Handeland - Hidden moon

-The secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel - The Alchemyst/Michael Scott

-The Lazarus bell - Patrick Dunne

Since my last post on this thread I've read about 10 books of Merri Vik's Lotta-series, one of my favorites from my teenage. Very quick, easy and enjoyable reads :D I've also read Markus Zusak's Getting the Girl and am currently reading A Stranger in the Family by Steven Naifeh & Gregory White Smith.

Also: I may have bought a couple of books as well...

Also: I may have bought a couple of books as well...

When you say "a couple" Frankie, just how many do you mean? More than a couple, perhaps? :D

I started The Immortals: Blue Moon last night, and will probably finish it today, and then might sneak in another quick easy read before getting back to something a bit more challenging for tomorrow. Need to build up to starting some serious reading and taxing my brain!

When you say "a couple" Frankie, just how many do you mean? More than a couple, perhaps? :lol:

Well, I guess I've bought double the couple... Zusak's Getting the Girl and I Am the Messenger come to mind, as well as Karin Slaughter's Genesis. That's it, I'm not trying to remember if there was anything else :D

I've also read Markus Zusak's Getting the Girl

How did you find this book, Frankie?

I haven't done much reading lately, but hope to change that a little tomorrow.

How did you find this book, Frankie?

I haven't done much reading lately, but hope to change that a little tomorrow.

Well it has nothing on Book Thief, that's for sure. I had kind of mixed feelings about it, I didn't enjoy it much in the beginning but somehow I grew attached to the main character (no wonder, what a sweet fella!) and all of it. Not exactly brilliant but a very nice and charming read all in all. Have you read it?

Well it has nothing on Book Thief, that's for sure. I had kind of mixed feelings about it, I didn't enjoy it much in the beginning but somehow I grew attached to the main character (no wonder, what a sweet fella!) and all of it. Not exactly brilliant but a very nice and charming read all in all. Have you read it?

No, I haven't read it, but I'm a fan of Zusak so all of his books automatically make my wish list. :D