Your Book Activity Today - Thread 10

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on reading Echos by Robin Jones Gunn a little bit later. It is a very easy chick lit book that I can usually get through in only a few hours. Today I just feel like reading something light and simple. :lurker:

I finished The Horse and His Boy by CS Lewis and have started on another Trixie Belden book. I've also read a little of The Editor's Companion and hope to finish a chapter by the end of the day.

About 120 pages into Fingersmith by Sarah Waters and despite not usually liking historical fiction I am really enjoying it.

kx

Up to page 190 in Fingersmith by Sarah Waters - what a twist!!!

It's amazing isn't it?! And the twist just blew my mind, I think it's definitely one of the most shocking and memorable twists I've ever encoutered in novels. I'm so happy that you're enjoying the book, it's a great one :D

I went on a crime spree in the library today...and no I didn't go gunning downpensioners or stealing all the books :)

:D I'm glad you went the more acceptable way ;) Happy reading!

I'm currently reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. It has started out real slow but it's picking up the pace now and I'm rather enjoying the novel. I'm halfway through now, if I get stuck on it today I'll get it finished :)

Today I'm reading Richard Fortey's Dry Store Room No.1, The Secret Life of the Natural History Museum - he has a great balance of information and humour - tis making me want to go and buy the Gormanghast books by Mervyn Peake as well. I've been meaning to read them for years but Fortey's constant comparisons of the museum to the castle from said book is intriguing. I'm enjoying this book immensely and finding it hard to put down :)

It's amazing isn't it?! And the twist just blew my mind, I think it's definitely one of the most shocking and memorable twists I've ever encoutered in novels. I'm so happy that you're enjoying the book, it's a great one :D

Loving Fingersmith - actually a bit sorry my daughter is off on school hols as I really want to read :)

... currently reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson...

This is quite near the top of my Mount TBR so will be looking out for your opinion on it.

k x

Loving Fingersmith - actually a bit sorry my daughter is off on school hols as I really want to read :)

Wow, you really do want to read it :D That's dedication!

This is quite near the top of my Mount TBR so will be looking out for your opinion on it.

k x

So far so good, and it's getting better all the time. The beginning is kind of slow and it takes time to get into the story but when you do, it's very rewarding. A lot of people on here have really loved this novel and the rest of the trilogy as well ;)

Two books posted to bookcrossers this afternoon.

The Silence of the Lambs (RABCK to a fellow bookcrosser from their wishlist)

Paris Imperfect (bookring book)

Read a chapter of Dying Light.

I have a massive headache today so I've only managed to read one chapter in Echoes (I'd hoped to finish it yesterday but that didn't happen :)) Not sure how much more reading I'll do until this thing subsides.

I have a massive headache today so I've only managed to read one chapter in Echoes (I'd hoped to finish it yesterday but that didn't happen :D) Not sure how much more reading I'll do until this thing subsides.

Ahh I'm sorry :) .. hope you are feeling better now. I read myself into a headache last week and then it annoyed me that I couldn't get on with my reading.

Getting into Rose Tremain's 'The Colour' now ... I'm at that stage a couple of chapters in where I'm just beginning to know who's who and what's what.

Read a pleasant chunk of P&P&Z this morning, have temporarily mislaid that somewhere and started reading If Chins Could Kill by Bruce Campbell.

Also have sent for a few books from Amazon, two of which are intended as presents for friends.

I have finished Linda Farsteins The Deadhouse not the best I have ever read I really thought it would be better might only read more of hers if desperate

Ok so I read the first 100 pages of Kissed by an Angel to realise that it was originally an Trilogy which I have previously read. d'oh. So that has gone in the 'To take back to the library bag!' Which means I have no more library books to finish 'Whey-hey!

So now starting a book called The Changeover by Margaret Mahy My friend has lent this to me and is suppose to be good. looks like a light read.

I might get through my TBR mount!!!!

I finished A Scanner Darkly last night, still processing my thoughts about it and hope to add something to the book club thread soon. Tonight I'm going back to the next section of Your Face Tomorrow, if I don't get too sleepy.

Ahh I'm sorry :) .. hope you are feeling better now. I read myself into a headache last week and then it annoyed me that I couldn't get on with my reading.

:D Thanks poppyshake. Now that I'm home my head is feeling much less like a nuclear device so I think I may get a few more chapters in tonight after all! ;)